Author Topic: Pressure (Lose of some hear) on good ear after surgery.  (Read 2714 times)

lynndlk

Pressure (Lose of some hear) on good ear after surgery.
« on: October 23, 2005, 01:58:37 pm »
Has anyone noticed additional pressure (Hearing Loss) in their good ear after surgery? I had my tumor removed in June, now deaf in Left ear. My right ear had partial hearing loss before the surgery. But have noticed the last few days this pressure and it seems like additional hearing lose in my right ear. (Husband noticed it too,  TV volumn use to be 18-19, now its at 26-30). Just thought I'd ask!

nannettesea

Re: Pressure (Lose of some hear) on good ear after surgery.
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2005, 04:10:18 pm »
I feel pressure frequently in the "bad" ear, sometimes pain.  I have good hearing on the other side, so can't help there.
Nan
1.7cm x 1.4cm x .8cm, right ear
Trans-lab approach
Dr. Jay Rubinstein, U of WA
8/29/05

okiesandy

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2005, 06:41:22 pm »
Please see your neurotologist as soon as possible. I suffered a sudden hearing loss in my AN ear and was treated with steroids. Hearing did not come back. Six weeks later the hearing in my good ear started getting much worse. I was put on steroids again. I got my hearing back in the non AN ear. I was diagnosed with Autoimmune Inner Ear Disease. I have researched this extensively. There is a possiblilty you may have AIED or sympathetic hearing loss. It happens in about 1.6% of patients that loose hearing in one ear. It can be helped if you get to the doctor immediately. YOU NEED A HEARING TEST!!!! Please don't wait.
Cyberknife 1/2006
Clinton Medbery III & Mary K. Gumerlock
St Anthony's Hospital
Oklahoma City, OK
Name of Tumor: Ivan (may he rest in peace)

russ

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2005, 10:00:35 pm »
  AMEN, AMEN!!  Yes, a contralateral loss can be AIED mediated, the AIED contracted by the originial surgery.
  I have heard of sympathetic loss however, but less so.
  Russ

Please see your neurotologist as soon as possible. I suffered a sudden hearing loss in my AN ear and was treated with steroids. Hearing did not come back. Six weeks later the hearing in my good ear started getting much worse. I was put on steroids again. I got my hearing back in the non AN ear. I was diagnosed with Autoimmune Inner Ear Disease. I have researched this extensively. There is a possiblilty you may have AIED or sympathetic hearing loss. It happens in about 1.6% of patients that loose hearing in one ear. It can be helped if you get to the doctor immediately. YOU NEED A HEARING TEST!!!! Please don't wait.