Author Topic: Just got my soundbite!!!  (Read 13827 times)

m4guzman

Just got my soundbite!!!
« on: February 11, 2012, 03:55:03 pm »
Hi All

I just got my soundbite on Wednesday of this week.  I have not put it to the test yet
but so far I am happy.  It is very comfortable in the ear and the month (ITM) does not
bother me at all.  If some one whispers in my bad ear,  I can really hear them in my good
ear.  I can even hear the dial tone on the phone in my bad ear.  I have only eaten with
it once so far and it was not to bad.  I think it just takes some time to get used to.
I will wait a week or two and post again to let everyone know how it is going.
Wish me Luck!!!

Marybeth
1.5cm on left side MRI 2/2/09
Some hearing loss
Thinking about surgery

Tod

• My blog (work and life)
Re: Just got my soundbite!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 05:07:02 pm »
Good luck! Lots of people will be waiting for your report.

-Tod
Bob the tumor: 4.4cm x 3.9cm x 4.1 cm.
Trans-Lab and Retro-sigmoid at MCV on 2/12/2010.

Removed 90-95% in a 32 hour surgery. Two weeks in ICU.  SSD Left.

http://randomdatablog.com

BAHA implant 1/25/11.

28 Sessions of FSR @ MCV ended 2/9/12.

Tumbleweed

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 05:37:58 pm »
Thanks for keeping us up-to-date with your observations about the Soundbite, Marybeth! You're the only person on this forum I know of who is using that hearing aid, so your firsthand experience provides valuable perspective for all of us here.

Best wishes,
TW
L. AN 18x12x9 mm @ diagnosis, 11/07
21x13x11 mm @ CK treatment 7/11/08 (Drs. Chang & Gibbs, Stanford)
21x15x13 mm in 12/08 (5 months post-CK), widespread necrosis, swelling
12x9x6 mm, Nov. 2017; shrank ~78% since treatment!
W&W on stable 6mm hypoglossal tumor found 12/08

Arasha

• El camino es largo y dificil pero no imposible.
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 05:03:31 pm »
Marybeth,

Congratulations.! I agree with Tod, your comments about your experience with the SoundBite will be highly valuable for us.

All best,
Gloria
Left side AN 2.5x1.8 removed on 10/17/2007 endosc. by Dr.Shahinian (retrosig) at SBI, LA,Ca. Facial phalsys (almost back). Balance issues. Tinnitus. MRI 8 months later showed AN was resected completelly.TransEar 11/2008. Clinical trial for SoundBite 11/2009. SoundBite user.I have the best family.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 12:48:04 pm »
Congratulations, Marybeth!

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

leeclinton

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 11:31:21 am »
Marybeth,
What was the cost of Soundbyte?  Do any insurances cover it??

Does it help with hearing in situations where there is a lot of background noise?  That's my big problem.

What factors caused you to go with Soundbyte versus a BAHA?

Lee
3.3 cm AN removal Jan. 2012

m4guzman

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 09:29:57 am »
Hi

I will post soon about what I think about Soundbite hearing aid.  But to answer some
of your questions - It cost me 650 to soundbite and 500 to the Audiology.  The dentist
did it for free since I was his first one.  I went with Soundbite because I did not want
to have another operation.  Soundbite does help alot but it does not help in a really
really loud situation.  I was at a bar last night and someone was talking in my bad ear
and I could not hear them at all.  In a quiet situation if someone whispers in my bad
ear I could hear them.  I really does help when the background noise it not so loud.
I will post more when I have more time.

Hope that helps

Marybeth
1.5cm on left side MRI 2/2/09
Some hearing loss
Thinking about surgery

Ross

• Ross
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 05:17:44 am »
I've been sending inquiries to Sonitus on a periodic basis asking when they're coming to Boston. Well, they told me the other week that they were working with a provider in the Boston area and that they were two months away from making the announcement. Just yesterday I got called by Boston Medical asking me whether I wanted to be part of their training group. Looks like Sonitus passed on my name to them as they're gearing up to be a provider.  I was so excited to get the call.  I go next Tuesday, March 27th. I'm crossing my fingers it's a device that makes sense for me.

Wish me luck!!
AN, 9 MM
Radiation Treatment, February 2009
Hearing loss in right ear, July 2009

nftwoed

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 01:15:24 pm »
  Very cool, Mary Beth!! Congratulations! I hope it continues to work well for you.