Author Topic: Dallas Area Doctors  (Read 2396 times)

domingued

Dallas Area Doctors
« on: March 21, 2006, 02:49:40 pm »
My wife was recently diagnosed with a vestibular schwannoma and was referred to a Dr. Brian Peters (Otolaryngologist with a neurotology fellowship based out of Medical City of Dallas). Dr. Peters performs his vestibular schwannoma surgeries with a Dr. Richard Gray (neurosurgeon with Baylor Neurosurgery Associates.) Has anyone else had experience with either or know of other physicians with experience in the Dallas area who might be able to get a second opinion from?

melhome1

Re: Dallas Area Doctors
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 09:29:31 am »
Dr Peters removed my tumor with the assistance of Dr. Gray, a nuerosurgeon at Medical City.  I had the surgery May 13, 2003.  I lost the hearing in my left ear and still suffer the effects of nerve damage.  I was told that the movement would come back as it was stimulated and moved right after the surgery.  When you meet with him, talk to him about being put in touch with a facial retraining physician.  I was not made aware of this process and I think it has definitely delayed my recovery.  After the surgery, there was really not much contact with Dr Peters.  I think you should talk to him about the ability to get recooperative services.

Please let me know if you have other questions and I will try to answer your concerns.  It is definitely a scary prospect but also something that your wife can recover from.