Author Topic: eyelid twitching  (Read 7634 times)

Lise

eyelid twitching
« on: March 26, 2012, 11:41:40 am »
Hi Everyone,
I'm 2 1/2 years post gamma knife treatment on the right side, 90% hearing loss on that side, severe tinnitus, and now I have been experiencing constant eyelid twitching concerning my right eyelid.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I've also experienced some dizziness, (I never had it before), and I can'thelp but wonder if it is a result of the acoustic neuroma. 
If you've experience the eyelid twitching, what have you done to relieve it?
Thanks so much for your input-
Lise'
Lise'

Grateful_1

Re: eyelid twitching
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 05:30:13 pm »
Lise,

I had a translab surgery 13 months ago and ended up with the typical facial issues;  facial paralysis, limited eye closure, no tears, etc.  My eyelid started twitching off-and-on about 3 months ago.  This lasted about 1.5 weeks.  When that was going on, I must say that I felt very happy because I thought that positive things were starting to happen to my eye such as increased eye closure, and tears.  The twitching stopped on its own and I didn't see the great improvements that I had hoped for.  I'll just look forward to the next occurrence of this and hope for the best.   This is probably not what you expected to hear but that's my experience.

St. Louis University Hosp., St. Louis, MO
Drs. A. Mikulec and D. Sasaki-Adams
12/28/10 - Translab surg for 2.5cm AN on right
1/13/11- lumbar drain, pulmonary embolism
3/11/11 - menengitis
4/12/11 & 5/26/11 - CSF leak repairs
SSD, facial paralysis, balance issues, fatigue

Lise

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 09:05:49 pm »
Thanks for your thoughts, I never considered anything improving, I guess the glass is always half full! Good luck to you-
Lise'

sunfish

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 05:56:19 am »
Last month, I experienced these eyelid twitches, to the point that I was concerned.  Read about "blepharospasm" online.  Fancy word for eyelid twitch.  I thought this was a new symptom, until I read some of my old posts here and remembered I had this issue December 2011.  This time, the twitches lasted for a couple weeks, and now they're gone. 

I also struggle with balance problems, and very mild vertigo at times.  I still think my balance nerve on the AN side has a little life left in it, and so the "good" side can't quite completely compensate.  I've pretty much made up my mind that this is the new normal for me.  I'm OK with that, as I'm extremely active and have excellent quality of life, all things considered.
Rt. side 14mm x 11mm near brain stem
Severe higher frequency hearing loss
I use a hearing aid (Dot 20 by Resound)
Balance issues improving!!!!
Cyberknife March17, 2010
Roper Hospital Cancer Center, Charleston, SC

Mei Mei

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 08:31:06 am »
I had this starting on the days before my surgery.   My doctor called as I was driving to the hospital and I told him this.   He said "Then it's time for the surgery"
Mei Mei
1 cm Tumor RetrosigmoidSurgery on Jan 12 at Johns Hopkins
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo
35dB loss pre surgery and now SSD
Post surgical Headaches and Tinnitus
Dr Ducic Georgetown Excision Surgery May 2011
Dr. Schwartz GW  Titanium Mesh  March 2012
Drs Kalhorn/Baker, Georgetown Removal of Titanium Mesh