Author Topic: I am officially a postie!  (Read 7610 times)

Keri

Re: I am officially a postie!
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2009, 08:47:29 pm »
Good for you, Helga! I'm glad things are going well. Still, don't forget to rest and take care of yourself too!

Joe, sorry about the game... what a disappointment!

Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

tsl

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2009, 09:48:31 am »
Hi Helga "Postie",
I can't believe you were discharged after 2 days.  Yikes! I am truly impressed that you were well enough to eat pizza on the way home from the hospital. 
I am so happy that your surgery went well.  Your recuperation/recovery is getting off to a good start too.   

Take care.
Theresa (tsl)

« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 09:51:58 am by tsl »
AN diagnosed Dec 2006
Approx. size 9 x 6  x 4 mm
Proton Beam radiosurgery wtih Dr. Jay Loeffler (radiation oncologist) and Dr. Paul Chapman (neurosurgeon) at Mass. General on Nov.2, 2007

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2009, 12:34:57 pm »
Helga ~

I apologize for being so very late (a week!) to congratulate you on your successful surgery at Tufts in Boston.  The brevity of your surgery and your quick discharge as well as your remarkable recovery are all very encouraging.  I can only applaud you on your so-far successful AN experience and offer my hope that your recovery continues unimpeded.  Thanks for the kind words about the folks posting here, too.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

catlover

• 13 days post-op. I still have my smile!
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2009, 04:44:10 pm »
Congrats Helga on your amazing recovery!

Take care of yourself and take you naps!

Good luck!

Helene in Sweden :)
AN found in February, 2006, size 0,8 cm
Surgery 20th May, 2009, retrosigmoid approach
SSD and balance issues
Forever grateful to Dr Siesjo and Dr Kahlon, University Hospital of Lund, Sweden
Two AN:s found 1st March, 2016
Waiting for GK

Helga

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2009, 08:26:10 am »
...and offer my hope that your recovery continues unimpeded. <Jim>

Thanks, Jim, that's exactly how I feel, almost a little too good, spooky. I take no good day for granted and am still amazed.
Helga

MissMolly

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2009, 05:34:08 pm »
HELGA!!!!!

How did I miss your surgery????  I have been sleeping most of my days, that's how!!  I'm so sorry to have missed it!  It sounds as though you have been making super recovery.  Mine is long, but generally no serious bumps in the road.

How did you do when you went off steroids?  I started having ups and downs once that wore off.  I'm so glad things worked out well for you and you got this taken care of. 

Let me know how youare.

Miss Molly
Diagnosed 3/09 1.1cm tumor - 4/17/09 - had grown to 1.2
Age 61 - married with three adult kids
MidFossa surgery completed June 22nd
Mass General/Mass Eye and Ear - Martuza and McKenna
The tumor has grown back.  Now working with Mass General.  Dr. Loeffler feels I am not a candidate for proton beam.