Author Topic: New Dizziness  (Read 4393 times)

digby

New Dizziness
« on: October 04, 2012, 08:52:28 am »
Have not been here in a while since things have been stable since my surgery 4 years ago but now I am having periods of extreme dizziness and sometimes I need to sit down.  I have had surgery for polyps in my sinus cavities and the weather has been terrible and my wondering if these things have an effect.  I have pressure, the side of my face is stiff, my eye wants to close but my hearing has not changed.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: New Dizziness
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 01:56:18 pm »
Hi, Digby ~

Being four years past your AN surgery, I'm skeptical that the dizziness you're experiencing is related.  I have a suspicion they're sinus-related but I'm not a physician and can only speculate.  I recommend you schedule a doctor visit to be examined by a medical professional to determine the actual cause of your symptoms.  Please let us know the result.  Thanks.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Suu

• Better out than in.
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 03:12:36 am »
Have not been here in a while since things have been stable since my surgery 4 years ago but now I am having periods of extreme dizziness and sometimes I need to sit down.  I have had surgery for polyps in my sinus cavities and the weather has been terrible and my wondering if these things have an effect.  I have pressure, the side of my face is stiff, my eye wants to close but my hearing has not changed.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

G'day Digby
What you have just described is what I'm experiencing now too.  I'm 2yrs 2mths post op and have not felt worse than I have this past week or 2.
My doctor put me on Lipitor for cholesterol around 2 weeks ago and Paxtine for anxiety around 7 weeks ago.  On Sunday I threw the Lipitor in the bin until I saw him today. He could barely take my pulse I was so dizzy and shaking.  He's referring me to my ENT again but while waiting for that appoinment he wants to see me again next week so he can see if was the Lipitor or if it may be the Paxtine (he'll wean me off those if he thinks it could be them)

So a quick question - have you been put onto any medications in the past few weeks?  Have you had any big stesses?

If you have glaucoma some medications are contraindicated but I only find this out if I read the paper that comes with the meds.  :P

I hope you feel better asap.
Suu
4cm Left side AN Translab August 18th 2010
Facial nerve not working
Nerve conduction Jan '11 Repeated 23rd May '11
SSD left side
5 ops in 6 weeks to fix CSF leaks
Tarsorrhaphy 9 Mar '11 Extended 26 Aug '13
Sling Thur 16 June '11
12/7 nerve graft 9 Feb '12

Donny1

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 11:52:04 am »
 I recently suffered by first bout if vertigo ever.
It came out of nowhere to the point where I couldn't even walk
Let alone drive.  I'm a musician and was able to get through a
New Year's Eve gig by basically keeping my eyes shut almost the
entire time. At the end if the show I had the wife take me to he
Cleveland Clinic ER, where I collapsed. After two CT scans it was
Determined that I had a buildup of fluid in my middle ear. The doctor
Prescribed 5mg Valium as needed and it did help quite a bit. Things
are still spinning a bit - no nausea, there never was any, and while I still
have to be careful how fast I turn my head I can at least walk again
without falling down. I am not going to take the Valium as a preventative
measure because benzos can be highly addictive but it's nice to know I have
Them if another bout if vertigo occurs.