Author Topic: 14 year old daughter reaching out for teens going through this to talk to  (Read 4722 times)

lovingchild

Hello,
Our daughter, Brittany, has been diagnosed with a tumor recently. She will be having surgery in mid June.  She is reaching out to anyone out there in their teens to talk with about everything that she is going through.  If there is anyone in here who has a teen that is going through this or has gone through this, please reply so that she can talk to you.  I hope everyone here is doing well and God Bless to you all. 
Brenda (mother)

Karla

Brenda, Brittany is in my prayers,  Karla

lovingchild

Karla, Thank you for your blessings! 
    Brenda

kstanley

Brenda,

I know exactly what you and your daughter are going through!  I am 19 and was diagnosed with a 4.5 cm acoustic neuroma in February.  I had surgery done at the House Ear Clinic on March 31st.  I am now 6 weeks post-op and can't believe how good I am already feeling.  I would love to help your daughter because I know how terrifying this process can be, especially at such a young age.  She can email me at kstanley@udel.edu and I can share my experience with her and answer any questions she might have.  I can also give her my phone number in case she might like to talk to me.  You and Brittany are in my prayers!

-Kara
5 cm Acoustic Neuroma
Trans-Lab
Removed March 31, 2005 at House Ear Clinic
Drs. Friedman and Schwartz

lovingchild

Kara,
     Thank you for your reply.  It is great to hear that you are doing so well.  Brittany will read your reply this weekend and will email you.  There are alot of questions I have that I would also like to talk with you about, so once Brittany is able to sit down and email you and she gets your reply, I would probably like to talk to you also.  I hope everything continues to go well for you!  Our prayers are with you!
Thank you again--
     Brenda

Jennifer

Brenda--
I'm 17 and had translab surgery for a 3cm AN in February. I would love to answer any questions your daughter has. I know how desperate I was to find someone my age who had gone through this. I know how scary it can be. Feel free to email me at bassplayer618@yahoo.com. I will definitely pray for Brittany, you, and your family. ~Jennifer

Russ

Hi
  Have Brittany contact Jessica at grubefam6@aol.com Jess is a teen. I have cleared correspondence with Jess with her Mother, Debbie.
  Best wishes to you!   -Russ

Hello,
Our daughter, Brittany, has been diagnosed with a tumor recently. She will be having surgery in mid June.  She is reaching out to anyone out there in their teens to talk with about everything that she is going through.  If there is anyone in here who has a teen that is going through this or has gone through this, please reply so that she can talk to you.  I hope everyone here is doing well and God Bless to you all. 
Brenda (mother)

rebecca

Hi,

Here's some information that may be helpful:

Contact information for House (taken directly from their website, www.houseearclinic.com)

COMPLIMENTARY ACOUSTIC NEUROMA CONSULTATIONS

If you, a family member, or someone you know has been diagnosed with an acoustic neuroma, you may consult with a doctor from the House Ear Clinic team. We will be happy to review the MRI scans and audiogram and speak with you by telephone (we must have a copy of the actual MRI film, reports are not sufficient by themselves).

Send the MRI scans by express delivery to:

House Ear Clinic
Attn: Acoustic Neuroma Website Consultations
2100 W. Third Street, 1st Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90057

You can expect to hear from a House Ear Clinic physician within 24 hours of our receipt of your information. You may also call or FAX a House Ear Clinic physician at:

Telephone: (213) 483-9930
FAX: (213) 484-5900

matti

Taylor - found this thread from last year, this might also be helpful as there are some teens on here. Hopefully their e-mail addresses are current.

matti
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

hgtvqueen

Hi Brenda,

My name is Donna and my daughter Stephanie is 15 and has known about her NF2 for about 2 years.  We are looking at surgery also.  She had spinal cord surgery 2 years ago - thats when we discovered the NF.  Stephanie's em is stephz491@yahoo.  She would be glad to have someone to talk to also.   It breaks my heart for what these girls have to endure. I will pray for her a successful surgery and complete recovery.