Author Topic: Looking Forward to being a Toasie Postie  (Read 2524 times)

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
Looking Forward to being a Toasie Postie
« on: June 04, 2012, 09:00:20 am »
Are you kidding me? I am looking forward to this latest step in my AN journey since February! I am eager to document just how easy it is, I acknowledge that it is a big step (Gamma Knife)and it takes a lot of moxy to move forward with it, but with the proper treatment team and all of you here on the forum and at the local support group as well as the support of my family, I shall do fine. Even this far away, I can see the finish line and I'm drooling for it!

Soon, I shall start a treatment journal, intended for the benefit of newbies to make them feel more comfortable as to their method of treatment.

Let me say at the outset, that I am a chicken, and chose this method of one shot over a prolonged Cyber approach. It remains up to the individual AN patient the choice of either Gamma or Cyber.

Good luck in your choice whatever it is.

Mike

1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

Bonnie B.

Re: Looking Forward to being a Toasie Postie
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 02:08:34 pm »
I agree with you and I was a chicken also.  I went with GK because it was over with in one day.    Good luck and please keep us posted.  I know you'll do well.
1.7 cm AN
diagnosed January, 2012 - no hearing L ear
GK surgery done March 15, 2012 at Yale New Haven Hospital, New Haven, Ct.
Dr. Chiang and Dr. Yu

Bobette

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 04:04:36 pm »
Hi Mike,

Please do post your treatment journal.  It very helpful to see how others are doing. 

I am scheduled for CyberKnife on July 16th.  I would love to hear how your Gama Knife experience is. 

Blessings to you.

Bobette

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 09:56:39 am »
Dear Bobette and other caring friends,

I will be starting either tomorrow (6/7) or the next day it will be called "My Personal GK Treatment Journal" to distinguish it from others which have been called merely Treatment Journal.

I have a lot to tell already to explain about my experiences with doing the research, making the decision that I felt comfortable with, and going for the compulsory lab test. If it were not for you people here( the ANA) on the forum I quite frankly don't know what I would have done, the pressure is so great!

For now it is onward and upward towards the cellular death of "Irv" the pesky and annoying tumor which I had debulked in 2004. This has been a "long and winding road" to coin a Beatles song.

Mike
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!