Author Topic: Post Traetment Worries  (Read 1805 times)

Elliott

Post Traetment Worries
« on: July 31, 2014, 06:59:03 pm »
Hello All
I have been helped and comforted by reading all your posts. Thank you all. Unfortunately, I have not contributed very much.
My Linac radiation treatment finished just over 6 months ago. However, over the last 6 weeks or so I have noticed a worsening of my symptoms, especially tinnitus and balance. Is this something I should be concerned about? On low days I get a bit paranoid and start thinking "What if this thing turns cancerous...". I realise that swelling is always likely to occur, and it makes sense that along with swelling comes a worsening of symptoms.
I have another 6 months to wait before getting my first post treatment scan.
Take care everyone and thank you all for the excellent provision of this discussion forum.
2 cm AN.
Radiation via Linac machine. 25 x sessions, ending Jan 2014.

john1455

Re: Post Traetment Worries
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 11:13:57 pm »
The funny thing about AN's is that any treatment, whether it be surgery or radiation, will not likely make all your symptoms go away. Most of us AN patients will have to live with some symptoms for the rest of our lives. AN's irradiated can take up to 2 years to swell and when they do, they may cause worsening of symptoms. I have come to believe that even after an AN becomes necrotic and shrinks, there may still be symptoms. These critters are not like an appendix, where once you have it removed, all is well. I had CyberKnife 5 months ago and I still have all the symptoms I had before my treatment. But I read enough about everything that I expected that. Just knowing that it is normal for your symptoms to vary from time to time should put you at ease.
Diagnosed with 19x16x19mm cystic AN right side on 7/2013
MRI on 3/2014 showed AN increased to 21x20mm
right side 70% hearing loss, tinnitus, balance issues
CK at Stanford completed 3/21/2014 (3 sessions)
Dr Steven Chang and Dr Iris Gibbs