Author Topic: Childcare options at HEI  (Read 1724 times)

QRM

• Was an architect now stay at home dad
Childcare options at HEI
« on: January 06, 2009, 12:06:22 am »
We are heading over to LA for the big day in a fortnights time and just discovered that the US immigration will not allow our Nanny in. That kind of scuppers our plans a bit, my mother did offer to fly in from the UK but she getting on a bit and she has enough problems driving right hand drive let alone on the wrong side of the road. And as my wife pointed out that means she will be looking after me, a toddler, and an elderly mother in law.

Anyone knows of some decent experienced and referenced "baby sitters" ? Daycare may be an option but our kid has never been left alone.

Any pointer would be mucho appreciated.

Rick

« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 12:10:11 am by QRM »
2.5 cm x 1.1 cm AN 30 Oct 08  Singapore Gleneagles Hosp.
Translab on  29 Jan 09 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of HEI
Surgery a success!! had wonky head for a while and odd tastes
Everyday things are improving and getting back to normal.

Keeping Up

Re: Childcare options at HEI
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 06:06:23 am »
One option - contact the hotel.  Most of the 'big' hotels have associations with bonded childcare/babysitting services.  The hospital might also have a similar referral service.  I found the bonded part important - as all police referrences have been done etc.

Good luck
dx Dec/08 - 5mm x 8mm AN
'watch and wait'

Kaybo

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 08:34:19 am »
I would also call House - from what I have heard of even the doctors, they are in for the whole package of a great experience - I bet someonw in the office can hook you up!
Good Luck!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

LADavid

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 05:08:49 pm »
Rick

I'm not sure what House has available.  When I visit House, I pass a room that is either a day care facility or a pediatric care center.

I think I heard you were staying near the Grove.  That's in a fairly upscale neighborhood.  I'm sure there are very good Day Care centers nearby.  I'm a little too old to be connected with that anymore -- but I'll check around and see if I can come up with anything.

Looking forward to meeting you in a few weeks.

David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments