Author Topic: Surgery is over  (Read 4530 times)

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Surgery is over
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2009, 03:29:25 pm »
Cindy ~

I'm so glad that Betsy is home but I sympathize with your dismay at her grouchy demeanor.  I had a similar experience.  I was extremely anxious and determined to get out of the hospital.  I fooled the doctor and PT nurse and probably came home a day or two sooner than I should have.  Once home, I was lethargic and slept a lot but I got my strength back pretty quickly.  I was only on the steroids for 5 days but I was very impatient and snapped at my ever-patient wife more than I ever have.  In my case, I think it was simply my normal impatience manifesting itself.  I desperately wanted things to be back to normal and hated being a 'patient'.  I wanted my independence back!  That all passed and yes, things did get back to normal.  I apologized to my wife and we celebrate our 39th anniversary in August.  I trust Betsy will have a similar recovery experience and that you two will be able to laugh about this in a year or so.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.