Author Topic: Does anyone know what this means?  (Read 1176 times)

KimR

Does anyone know what this means?
« on: June 15, 2010, 04:04:43 pm »
Had mri yesterday to see if my facial neuroma has grown. I asked for a copy of my mri report and it says... there is diffuse cerebral volume loss. I googled it but it isnt really coming up and explaining what that means exactly.  Thanks for any insight anyone may have.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Does anyone know what this means?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 04:30:00 pm »
Kim ~

As you know, we're AN patients, not doctors and this is definitely a question for your doctor, but it may not relate to an acoustic neuroma.  Please let us know what your doctor says.  Thanks.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Cheryl R

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 04:48:53 pm »
Kim, I googled it also so to see if it meant what I thought it meant. There is some scattered areas of shrinkage of the gray matter of the brain.      Now why I can not tell, as that will have to be a drs idea.   This is probably not AN related.   Possibly even just one radiologists idea while another may not think of such.   Radiologists reports sometimes may say about something one time and then not the next MRI.    This may not even be of a amount enough to cause worry so for now don't be nervous till can talk to a dr.   
    The MRI reports can be sometimes scary sounding  when some views are age related or a certain condition related and may not be of great concern to of long term problems.                                      Cheryl R

Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

KimR

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 06:30:13 pm »
Thank you Cheryl for googling it for me. I just couldnt seem to find what it meant. Hope you are having a good day/evening.  :)