Author Topic: Things to help after surgery...  (Read 3273 times)

lmurray69

Things to help after surgery...
« on: November 25, 2006, 05:59:34 pm »
First off a circle pillow the one for around the neck, eye drops incase you have dry eyes, I bought  gel eye pillow ,and a night mask..Dark sunglasses...The Lite from the sun effected my eyes and it helped to have the dark sunglasses. If I set in bright lite to long then I needed the eye gel pillows..you can use these cold or warm in microwave. but not to long..The night mask helped as my husband like to stay up later then me and I could cover my eyes to sleep also if anytime I felt pressure on the eye.I use the cover.Hope this helps..not all of us have the same problems some later some sooner..
radiation feb 05, gammaknife, tumor is 1.2x0.08/ surgery Nov 1st 2006 Dr House/Swarts/

Obita

Re: Things to help after surgery...
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 07:05:57 am »
Linda:

I wish I had thought about the gel eye thing.  I bet it feels sooooooo good.

I had an family picnic I wanted to attend about 5 weeks post op.  I bought some cheap swimming goggles and they worked great.  My eye did not dry out while I was outside.  Did I look hokey?  Yep, but I was so proud of surviving the surgery I couldn't have cared less.  I was strutting like a wobbling peacock in my new eyewear.   ::)

Kathy

Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2006, 03:02:06 pm »
Two words: Themophore heating pad (I guess that's three words!!) The big one. I had a lot of back and neck pain post-op from funky spinal fluid, and this puppy saved my butt! Lay face down, put it on your bare skin, --it covers you from stem to stern (well, your entire back and neck) and it provides moist heat and is incredible!!
AAARRRRR,
Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 11:56:26 am »
Hey Linda, HANG IN THERE GIRLFRIEND!!!!!    The light from sun, overhead, etc, bothers me too - I always wear sunglasses outside (& sometimes at work inside if my eye is feeling more irritated than usual)

Great news for me - I'm beginning to use the eye lubricant for dryness less & less!!!! - yesterday only 3 times!!!

Wishing you happiness, Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

Battyp

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 02:53:25 pm »
I wore sunglasses inside or an eye patch for months as the light totally wigged me out.  I had to block off the light from all my windows and everyone would comment about me living in the cave..funny at the time I didnt' realize how dark it was in my house.

lmurray69

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2006, 09:10:39 pm »
 I am starting to have other issue Like My sugar level is gong crazy and I am haveing a hard time controling it . I ate a small bowl of cherrios and it was 271,,,I took metformin and it finely came down ..but i  noticed that when the surgar is up i cant walk straight .. going to old doc tomorrow,,yes to day is day 28 from surgery and I am still tired easy and eyes go left and then right very dry too,,my face is quivering up and down the an side..little jerks when it finely gets to my eye ..it drives me nuts..
radiation feb 05, gammaknife, tumor is 1.2x0.08/ surgery Nov 1st 2006 Dr House/Swarts/

lmurray69

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2006, 06:35:04 pm »
went to my Dr that I have in my home town and they uped my metformin to 1000 in am and 1500 in the pm.. They said if this doesnt work then they will try insulin..By the way they tested me at their off I was 259 can you emagine that.they never said a word...