Author Topic: Rules for Holiday Dieting, Happy Thanksgiving!  (Read 7019 times)

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
Rules for Holiday Dieting, Happy Thanksgiving!
« on: November 16, 2006, 03:34:02 pm »
1. Give up that diet, the holiday spirit isn't about celery sticks, it's about cookies & fudge If you see a celery stick, run for your life! Toward the chocolate (tim tams) :)
2. Absolutely NO EXERCISE between now and New Years. Save it for January, when your bored. Besides you'll need that energy for napping and watching sports on TV. ::)
3. Drink as much eggnog as you can. So what if it has a million calories per sip. This is the only time of the year it can be found in abundance, so take FULL advantage! :o
4. Be sure to have at least one slice of "each" kind of pie. And under no circumstances should you forget to top those with whip cream and/or ice cream. ;D
5.Finally, don't spend useless time plotting how to control your eating at holiday parties. The whole point is to park yourself at the desert table and go to town! And Hurry!, because celery stick filled January is just around the corner!    :D

just a side note,  people who have AN's get 2slices of each kind of pie!!! 

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

enjoy
Patti UT
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

nancyann

• carpe diem
Re: Rules for Holiday Dieting, Happy Thanksgiving!
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 05:16:52 pm »
HI PATTI:    THOSE ARE MY RULES EVERYDAY  !!!!!    NANCY
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

matti

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 07:03:08 pm »
Hey Patti UT - Every year my friends and I take a 6 week break from our weight watcher meetings and today marks the start of week one ;D I feel so free!!!

The only celery we shall eat, will be stuffed in a butter basted turkey!! 

hugs,
Cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 09:04:20 pm »
Cheryl,
  I think I'm gonna start WW Jan 1.  Have you been happy with it? I think it's my only hope to get rid of the extra lb's I've gained since the AN surgery. The lack of exercise is really adding up around my waist.

Patti UT
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore

matti

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2006, 09:20:36 pm »
Patti - Of all the diets I have tried throughout life, I found Weight Watchers to be the best. The plan does not restrict any foods which was a big selling point for me. I am not going to give up my chocolate and other goodies and am able to fit them in the plan. I find the weekly meetings a great source of motivation and support. Plus great tips and recipes and last but not least, the accountability of weighing in >:(.    I joined after my AN surgery in 1998 and have kept the majority of my weight off (60 lbs). The trick is finding a leader that you connect with. I went to several different meetings before I found one that worked for me.

Cheryl
Life is great at 50

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 07:36:09 am »
Being a life time member of Weight Watchers (they asked me to work for them... claimed something like me being motivational or stuff....).... me likey Patty YooTee's holiday diet! Works for me! :D
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Laura

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2006, 10:05:31 am »
Weight Waters is like hooked on phonics... it worked for me! LOL  :D
The only down fall I found was I get so TIRED of counting all those darn points!
I suppose I need to head back. I am also a lifetime member but have gained all my weight back... and then some. UGH.
Maybe we should have a little group of Weight Watcher for the ANers here online... I need all the help and support I can get as my motivation has long since passed and I no longer have a work out buddy.  ???
Diagnosed August 17, 2006
AN on right side 1cm x 7mm x 7mm
30% hearing loss with no other symptoms
Watching and Waiting
http://www.patient-network.com/lparr
It's mind over "matter"... even if the "matter" is in my mind

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2006, 10:15:27 am »
Hey, and I can vouch for Cheryl....I met her and she's a hottie!!!   :D

I liked Weight Watchers when I was on it years ago....I need it now, but haven't done it.  I should start back up again, but not before January!!!
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

matti

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2006, 11:00:59 am »
Gennysmom - the only "hot" thing about me comes in the form of flashes ;)  And in my next life I want to come back looking like you... a tall, beautiful blond!!!!

hugs,
Cheryl
Life is great at 50

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2006, 11:42:34 am »
Ok, so WW it is,  but not till Jan.  Think I may go get signed up after Thanksgiving anyway, so to avoid the crowd after the Holiday parties.  I never had a weight problem till AN arrived.  Put on a few extra lbs after my hysterectomy, but nothing major. Then after the An surgery, all activity stopped and WOW!!! Good thing I'm tall and carry it well. Don't look fat but sure feel like a hippo.

Think I'll go shopping for pumpkin pies now LOL

patti UT

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2006, 12:06:32 pm »
Patti, how tall are you?  I'm 5'10" and can hide the lbs well too....which is unfortunate...I'm up about 10 since the surgery not being quite so active, but I could stand to lose 20-30...and usually everyone tells me I look just fine, but I know what the scale says, and its OVER the reccommended for my height/BMI.  We tried and failed miserably to get something started here last spring (we kept bringing chocolate up!   ;D), but I'm thinking if we all did and all knew we were doing WW, we could do the email chains like we do anyway, and keep each other honest there...I'm up, if y'all wanna do it.  we could even have a special conference call meeting every week just for us!
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2006, 12:34:38 pm »
Here's how I do it---

From Halloween to Thanksgiving--pig out! It's easy to hide those extra pounds under really big cuddly sweaters.

Then at Thanksgiving pig out lots.

Then from Thanksgiving to Christmas, eat nothing but chocolate.  Well, maybe some cookies, but primarily chocolate.

Then from Christmas to New Year's REALLY pig out!

Then, the day after New Years, join the gym unless it's the weekend then you may pig out some more.

By springtime, you've shed all those pounds until Halloween again!

Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

klg31728

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2006, 12:51:25 pm »
Oh wow!  Can't believe so many ANers are on Weight Watchers.  I joined 3 months ago and have lost 20 lbs.  I gained about 40 since my surgery 9 years ago.  I am going to try to stay focused through the holidays - I've come too far to mess up now.  I have decided to eat what I want only on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day and be good the rest of the time.

I'm having my yearly follow-up MRI this afternoon at 4:30.  I had radiosurgery at Shands - University of Florida in February of 2000 for a regrowth.  As of last year, it was still about the same size (Just under 2 cm) - it grew a small amount the first 2 years after radiosurgery and it is still bright white on the MRI but has been stable in size since.  It has been good news for a good while, but I still worry each time I have to get an MRI.  Please keep me in your prayers this afternoon.

Happy Holidays to you all!!!!!!

Kathy
Kathy G.
Surgery 7/97
CSF Leak and another surgery 12/97
regrowth 1/2000
Radiosurgery 2/2000

matti

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2006, 02:29:36 pm »
Hi Kathy - I've got you in my prayers today!!  I am also a nervous wreck when its MRI time.  I am sure will hear good news and make sure you celebrate!!!

Congratulations and I am sending several cyber WW stars your way for a job well done ;D  I've been a member since 1998 and have stayed close to goal. Just wish I wasn't an emotional eater :(

Hugs,
Cheryl
Life is great at 50

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2006, 07:01:17 am »
Interesting thread - I'm on weight watchers too - I'm watching my weight go up and up.

I don't know about the yodelhey hoo hoo girl but I can say that the two wet t shirt comp ladies (thats the m&m girls - mom amd matti. certainly don't need to be on ww, in fact they could do with a few extra pounds - gotto fill those t-shirts now! - hot as, as they say.

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz