Author Topic: survived the tomb of gloom  (Read 6046 times)

tenai98

survived the tomb of gloom
« on: October 29, 2009, 08:32:14 am »
Now have to wait 20 days to get the results..ughhhh...I ask very nicely if I could just take a peek at the shots but they said no...
JO
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
TRANSLAB 04/07/09 2cms at time of surgery
Dr. Benoit and Schramm, Ottawa Civic Campus
SSD ,some facial numbness
Baha surgery sept 22/09
residual tumor 13mmX7mmX8mm
2016 new growth.  25mmX21mmX22mm
cyberknife on June 7

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: survived the tomb of gloom
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 08:51:21 am »
did you have them burn you a CD of the films so you could *coff* bring them with you to your dr's appt? ;)  If not, maybe phone them and tell them you need the CD... and then... you can "peek" at them.

I know, I know... such a trouble maker I am! :D

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

tenai98

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 09:05:01 am »
Phyl, that CD will cost me $84.00.  they send the images to the doc's office as all the pcs are inter connected...
JO
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
Baha surgery sept 22/09
cyberknife on June 7

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 09:15:03 am »
  :o :o  :o  :o  :o

You have GOT to be kidding?  the CD itsself is only a couple of dollars (IF that....)....  honestly don't know what to say. I have not heard of any one having to pay for "initial" CD (any more needed after the 1st, yes, I've heard of being charged) but not $84 for the initial CD.

want me to phone them and get it for you? ;)  My act of kindness today :) 

xo
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 09:19:35 am »
It may be the difference between the Canadian and American medical systems, Phyl. I have both a CD and films of my MRI, but  I'm sure it helps that my husband is the CIO of the medical facility where it was taken.

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

mk

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 09:49:32 am »
Most of the other Ontarians that I know, including me, never had to pay to get their CDs.
Jo, the only time I was told I should pay was when I had my MRI at the local hospital - the technician said "Oh, you have to pay for the CD". Guess what, I went to ask for it anyway from the medical imaging centre, and they happily burned the CD and gave it to me - no mention on a charge.
I always insist on getting the  CD, on the grounds that I have to go for multiple consultations with many doctors.

Marianna
GK on April 23rd 2008 for 2.9 cm AN at Toronto Western Hospital. Subsequent MRIs showed darkening initially, then growth. Retrosigmoid surgery on April 26th, 2011 with Drs. Akagami and Westerberg at Vancouver General Hospital. Graduallly lost hearing after GK and now SSD but no other issues.

tenai98

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2009, 10:24:34 am »
I even mentioned that other ontario hospitals done charge...but no bite...they told me the doc can print out a copy when I see him...I paid for my first MRI in another province and was given the cd...at $945 they better have given it to me...for my second MRI it was done at the hospital and when I inquired about getting a copy that one cost me $80.00....I wasnt paying for the third one...I've waited this long, I guess I can wait another 20 to visit the ENT and get a print out of the image...
JO
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
Baha surgery sept 22/09
cyberknife on June 7

Doc

• “Shake off the BooHoo and get with the program”
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2009, 11:07:08 am »
I go in for my first MRI since surgery on Monday, November 2nd...can't wait to get that behind me already, especially since they left about 5% of the AN behind because it's on the Brain Stem...I wonder?!?

;)
Doc
Left-Translab July '09. Cyberknife Jan 2010. In Apr 2017, four more tumors found; three in the brain and one, 7cm long, on my spinal cord; it was surgically removed. It was cancerous, and so are the others. I've been receiving Chemo since June '18, and I'm still in treatment.

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2009, 11:21:27 am »
Jo,

I have never had to pay for CD's of MRIs.  I've had MRIs at St Joseph's in Hamilton, Toronto General and Toronto Western General.  I would contact your member of Provincial Parliament and ask why this particular hospital is charging, when you know other hospitals in Ontario are not charging. 

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

opp2

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2009, 05:23:18 pm »
Me too, I mean didn't have to pay for the disc. I had to wait about 20 minutes while it was burned but the ladies were really good about that too. Sorry to hear this has happened to you. Are they claiming some kind of admin fee to burn the discs?
Diagn Apr 14 2009 with 2.5 cm lt AN. - numbness in the face and sudden onset headaches accompanied by balance issues. Consults with Drs in S Ontario, California (House) and Vancouver. Picked Dr. Akagami in BC.
Retrosigmoid July 6, 2010, 3.0cm by then. SSD left, no other significant side effects.

opp2

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2009, 05:30:16 pm »
aaannnd fingers crossed for a clean MRI!
Diagn Apr 14 2009 with 2.5 cm lt AN. - numbness in the face and sudden onset headaches accompanied by balance issues. Consults with Drs in S Ontario, California (House) and Vancouver. Picked Dr. Akagami in BC.
Retrosigmoid July 6, 2010, 3.0cm by then. SSD left, no other significant side effects.

tenai98

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2009, 05:41:58 pm »
no opp, no fees...they just wanted $84.00 to burn it...I did take Yardstick's advice and wrote to my provincal MP
JO
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
Baha surgery sept 22/09
cyberknife on June 7

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2009, 10:16:23 pm »
Well at least someone listens to me ;)  I 2nd OPP a clean MRI
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2009, 06:07:47 am »
Jo -

hope your MRI shows only good news  ;D

I never pay anything for a CD with my images on it.  Each year, I have the MRI, I wait about 10 minutes, and I can take one home with me free of charge.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

TP

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2009, 06:23:15 am »
When I've had my MRI's in the past I wait about 15 minutes, get the CD and hand carry it over to my Dr's office where I have an appt already scheduled. I find out immediately the results of my MRI. I think it is horrible you have to wait that long to find out the results. I schedule my MRI and Dr visit the same day. The only time I had to wait was when I had my very first brain MRI which was done on a Wednesday evening at a different hospital and the radiologists read it that night and called my pain Dr the next day where he told me the results. He gave me a name of a neurosurgeon Dr on Thursday and on Friday (the next day) I was in the neurosurgeon office reviewing my MRI and scheduling my AN surgery. One has to wonder if in the future when our health care changes if this type of medical support and care will ever be available....
4+cmm left retromastoid of cerebellopontine angle tumor removed 6/5/06; Dr. Eric Gabriel, St. Vincents, Jacksonville, FL
Left ear hearing loss, left eye gold weight, facial paralysis; 48 year old female. Dr. Khuddas - my hero - corrected my double vision