Author Topic: For all you Florida AN'ers, or anyone for that matter.  (Read 4028 times)

onebadass350bird

For all you Florida AN'ers, or anyone for that matter.
« on: November 26, 2007, 11:47:27 pm »
I attend a monthly brain tumor group here locally and they clued me into a Brain Tumor conference being held in Tampa, FL on Jan 18-19.  I plan on attending myself.  Here is a link though. http://www.fbta.info/bridge_to_hope.htm

Tom
17 hour Retrosigmoid on 10/19/05 for removal of 4cm AN

TP

Re: For all you Florida AN'ers, or anyone for that matter.
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 07:43:55 am »
Tom, thanks for sharing. I live in St. Augustine and would love to attend BUT I am unavailable that date. I checked out that website, interesting stuff. I am curious what do you guys talk about during your monthly group meeting? Are there other AN'ers present? Thanks for any info you can share!
4+cmm left retromastoid of cerebellopontine angle tumor removed 6/5/06; Dr. Eric Gabriel, St. Vincents, Jacksonville, FL
Left ear hearing loss, left eye gold weight, facial paralysis; 48 year old female. Dr. Khuddas - my hero - corrected my double vision

onebadass350bird

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 08:03:35 am »
Tom, thanks for sharing. I live in St. Augustine and would love to attend BUT I am unavailable that date. I checked out that website, interesting stuff. I am curious what do you guys talk about during your monthly group meeting? Are there other AN'ers present? Thanks for any info you can share!

Well we usually talk about a variety of things.  I'm actually the only AN'er there so far, but there will be more people starting to show up as people start to come back down for the season.  We usually talk about anything from new studies, treatments, to what we did the weekend before.  It's pretty laid back and unformal as so far, I've only seen approximately 12 people at most there.  Because it isn't AN specific, it's very interesting to see how other types of tumors affect people and how they are treat...very intriuging for sure.  Here is a link to the "mother" association that the meetings are held through.  http://www.abta.org/

Tom

Battyp

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 12:30:13 am »
HI Tom how are you?
Thanks for sharing hte info I'll have to check it out.

M

Battyp

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2007, 12:33:09 am »
Tom is there a cost associated with this?
I see Dr. Brem is a guest speaker. He's the one who performed my surgery.
Looks interesting.

onebadass350bird

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 09:40:07 am »
Tom is there a cost associated with this?
I see Dr. Brem is a guest speaker. He's the one who performed my surgery.
Looks interesting.

Yeah, there is.  I should have mentioned it before.  Here is a link to the registration page though.
http://www.fbta.info/registerpage.html

Tom

onebadass350bird

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2007, 08:38:44 am »
Looks like I might be the only or one of only a few AN'ers there.  :(

onebadass350bird

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2007, 01:19:52 pm »
Is everyone from here really not gonna do?  ???

Tom

vcschaub

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2007, 06:07:15 pm »
I live in Florida but the date of the conference is a conflict for me. Please keep your fellow Florida ANers informed on other events.
6mm
Middle Fossa November 8, 2005
Drs Brackmann and Hitselberger
House Ear

onebadass350bird

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2007, 07:34:42 pm »
I live in Florida but the date of the conference is a conflict for me. Please keep your fellow Florida ANers informed on other events.

What's the point?  Nobody seems to wanna go.  Oh well.

onebadass350bird

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2008, 10:40:26 pm »
Thanks for all of the support guy and gals  ???

OMG16

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2008, 10:53:01 pm »
I am in Washington or I would go for sure.  Thank you for the information we have been looking for a group for my son for 3 years.  He does not have an AN he has another type of brain tumor.  If you don't mind can you report back about your experience.  I would appreciate it more than you know.  I just came acrossed this post and I do really want to know what your experience is. 
Thank you 16
I believe you are given choices in life and it is not what has happened to you that defines who you are.  It is how you handle the situation and finding the positive in an almost hopeless situation that counts the most.  My son is my hero and I have had the pleasure of learning this from him.

onebadass350bird

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2008, 02:10:19 am »
It was a great experience with some great speakers.  It was very informative and a great chance to meet other people in our same shoes.

Tom

OMG16

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2008, 03:32:34 pm »
Thank you Tom.  Did you learn anything new?  I followed your link and it looked like you enjoyed some great speakers.  I wish I could have attended with you!  I was there in spirit.  16
I believe you are given choices in life and it is not what has happened to you that defines who you are.  It is how you handle the situation and finding the positive in an almost hopeless situation that counts the most.  My son is my hero and I have had the pleasure of learning this from him.

onebadass350bird

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2008, 10:06:06 pm »
Yes I did learn some new things.  I learned that some facilities are doing sterotactic surgery on cats and dogs now.  Try submitting that to you insurance company, lol.