Author Topic: Latest Members  (Read 4127 times)

Battyp

Latest Members
« on: March 03, 2006, 08:01:59 pm »
It seems every night I see a new name on the latest memebers stats.  I just wanted to say Welcome.  Great site for answers or just plain fun company that will make you laugh when you're feeling down!

Michelle :)

matti

Re: Latest Members
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 09:06:15 pm »
Welcome everyone!

I could not have made it through my AN journey without the help, support, inspiration and humor that everyone here has given me.   :-*

You are the best!

Great post Michelle!

matti
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 09:47:03 pm »
Matti, batty.. (OMG, a new theme song! ;) )

great post.  Lord knows that when I stumbled onto this site (Google, a true best friend) started posting here (starts to count backwards on fingers), those that welcomed me REALLY helped me to feel so un-alone.  So, in keeping with the spirit of those that welcomed me....

Welcome!  Glad to have you here.  Lots of knowledge, hugs and giggles (when necessary and prescribed by dr's) to be had here.

Welcome! :)
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

abe

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2006, 02:46:50 pm »
 :) I guess I am one of the new members you refer to. I wish I had stumbled on this forum earlier.

Thanks to all of you for the welcome.

I want to thank the AN Association for being so prompt in answering my request for information. The package arrived in the mail today.

It will be important to learn as much as possible about an acoustic neuroma and rehabilitation. I will read quickly as I have  radiosurgery scheduled  in five days.

abe

Battyp

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2006, 05:28:50 pm »
Wow Abe,
  Best of luck with everything..please keep us posted on how you're doing!  Yes, the ana had some aweasome brochures if only I had the chance to read them before the surgery...now why didn't the ent have them in his office?

Know we're all sending you good vibes!  Batty is waving her magic fairy wand again :-*

Kathleen_Mc

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2006, 03:19:37 am »
abe: Don't get yourself all stressed out with a "recovery plan" once you've read all the information, take it as it comes. Although I am a nurse I had no idea what to expect post-op and I just took it as it comes, the only thing I wish I had known pre-op was that I was going to loose my hearing and frankly I don't know why I wish that as there is nothing I could have done to prevent it or anything. I think once the decision is made of how this is to be treated it's kind of "wait until after" and "deal with things as the come". Kathleen
1st AN surgery @ age 23, 16 hours
Loss of 7-10th nerves
mulitple "plastic" repairs to compensate for effects of 7th nerve loss
tumor regrowth, monitored for a few years then surgically removed @ age 38 (of my choice, not medically necessary yet)

GM

• I hate annual MRI's !!!
    • My Blog Page
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2006, 06:28:43 am »
Absolutely...a great wealth of information, support...and a real cyber family  :)

I have given and received support here.  I have learned from others...how they deal with their AN and all that comes with it.  I would not be where I am today without this site.

It's nice to know that there is somewhere I can go to when my loved ones just can't understand what I'm going through.  I am blessed to have you all.

Gary
Originally 1.8cm (left ear)...Swelled to 2.1 cm...and holding after GK treatment (Nov 2003)
Gamma Knife University of Virginia  http://www.medicine.virginia.edu/clinical/departments/neurosurgery/gammaknife/home-page
Note: Riverside Hospital in Newport News Virginia now has GK!!

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2006, 09:15:01 pm »
Being a newbie, I thank everyone for this post as well.  I just had my first MRI last week and got the diagnosis the day after, so I have just started my journey.  Hope to make a lot of friends here as I struggle with who to tell, how much to tell, and the fact that most people have no idea what to say because it sounds horrible.  I'm finding myself comforting them more than I have been comforted.  So cheers to you all.
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

matti

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2006, 10:16:09 pm »
Hi Gennysmom - Welcome to the forum. I also felt like I had to comfort everyone around me, yet I was scared as heck. Some family and friends didn't talk about it and at times almost ignored me. It wasn't  until much later on that they told me they just didn't know what to say. I totallly understand. 

I know this is a scary time for you, but please know that from here on in, you are not alone in your journey.  ( you're stuck with us now  ;) )

Take care and keep us posted!
matti

3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Taylor

• Ra Ha Ha
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2006, 09:07:55 pm »
New!!
Taylor
Translab/4.8 cm AN on right side removed 2/3/06
St. Louis Children's Hospital (next to Barnes-Jewish)/ Jeffery Leonard - Neurosurgeon
Cross-facial nerve graft with muscle transplant
Bad coordination on right side - constant pins-and-needles sensation on left side
21 years-old
Illinois

shoegirl

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2006, 09:52:51 pm »
Taylor,

Welcome!  :D

I saw on your post that you just had surgery, how are you feeling?  I hope your recovery is coming along and you feel good.  There are lots of members who have had surgery - they are full of great information and advice should you need it.  Please be sure you keep us posted on your recovery.

Best Wishes, Suzanne
left side 2.0cm x 1.3cm  
Cyberknife - 12/2005
The Barrow Institute, Phoenix, AZ

Battyp

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2006, 10:10:11 pm »
Hi Taylor,
  Welcome!  I'm also sorry you are here.  Hope your recovering quickly from your surgery!  If there is anything any of us  can do to help ease your way all you have to do is ask! 

Michelle

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2006, 10:15:38 pm »
Ditto from me too Abe and Taylor

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

shoegirl

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2006, 10:21:09 pm »
Abe,

Did you have your radiosurgery?  I hope you are feeling well!

Welcome Aboard!

Suzanne
left side 2.0cm x 1.3cm  
Cyberknife - 12/2005
The Barrow Institute, Phoenix, AZ