Author Topic: MRI result time again  (Read 11124 times)

Derek

Re: MRI result time again
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2011, 10:15:40 am »
In total agreement Sheryl...had my 9th year scan last month and awaiting the outcome...will post the result in the 'Top Tips' thread when to hand but hopeful of a 'pass' which would take me to that magic 10 year milestone!

Regards

Derek (a happy to be 'oldie')
Residing UK. In 'watch & wait' since diagnosis in March 2002 with right side AN. Initially sized at 2.5cm and now self reduced to 1.3cm.
All symptoms have abated except impaired hearing on affected side which is not a problem for me.

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2011, 12:41:24 pm »
Jackie,

Fab news!

Remember we have a W & W patient in our support group... He turns age 92 on April 23rd... and he is still ballroom dancing!  :o

As I continue to deal with facial issues... I sure wish I had listened to Dr. Brackmann and went with his advice and expertise ...

But no more shoulda woulda coulda's...

I got my Baha  Valentines Day 2011 (very cool to hear from that side now)... and just got an I phone for my birthday 2011... apparently they can work together  8)... once I figure out all the new technology (which is rather intimidating to me still  :-\ )...

We just gotta keep moving forward. I think waiting is not a bad thing as with medical improvements and technological advancements happening at the rate they are... "if" you choose treatment things maybe be so way far more advanced in medicine that treatment may not have to be as invasive as what I had done.

Great News Jackie!!!

HUGS

DHM  :)

P.S. Wow 92. If you and I are both still around when you are age 92 I promise to take you out to a 5 star white linen table cloth restaurant... at that age no one bother to count calories...
4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

Derek

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2011, 01:15:20 pm »
Hey Jackie & DHM...

It would be most interesting for those of us in W & W to know how long the 92 years old gent has been diagnosed and whether he has any 'Top Tips' worth passing on...I sure wouldn't mind still having my AN if I can make it to his age and hopefully beyond! :)
Residing UK. In 'watch & wait' since diagnosis in March 2002 with right side AN. Initially sized at 2.5cm and now self reduced to 1.3cm.
All symptoms have abated except impaired hearing on affected side which is not a problem for me.

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2011, 01:44:07 pm »
Hey, DHM .....

Do not want to hijack this thread, but tell me more how the BAHA works with an IPhone .....  Already have an IPhone and getting abutment next month ..... processor hopefully in August.  Probably should have sent a PM ..... but others may be interested.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2011, 06:08:27 pm »
Hey, DHM .....

Do not want to hijack this thread, but tell me more how the BAHA works with an IPhone .....  Already have an IPhone and getting abutment next month ..... processor hopefully in August.  Probably should have sent a PM ..... but others may be interested.

Clarice

Here are the accessories so you can plug i-phone (or i-pod) into the baha.
http://products.cochlearamericas.com/baha/baha-system-and-accessories/baha-audio-accessories

DHM
4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2011, 06:12:03 pm »
and whether he has any 'Top Tips' worth passing on...I sure wouldn't mind still having my AN if I can make it to his age and hopefully beyond! :)

A) He has a great sense of humor.

B) He dances

He had the diagnoses at least a decade ago.

DHM

G_Man

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2011, 08:49:36 pm »
Congradulations Jackie.  I hope to continue W+W as well.  Stay strong & positive.
Diag: 08/11/2009 Left side
AN: 0.6cm.  65% Hearing loss, tinnitus, fullness, minor motion issues.
hearing loss over 25+ years.  MRI in 2000 showed nothing.
Optical Atrophy from infantcy
Watch and Wait.
As of 2017 I am on a 2 year MRI frequency.

suboo73

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2011, 06:41:06 am »
Jackie

CONGRATS on another MRI with no change!!

Now you can go on with life and a beautiful springtime!

Sue
suboo73
Little sister to Bigsister!
9mm X 6mm X 5mm
Misdiagnosed 12+ years?
Diagnosed Sept. 2008/MRI 4/09/MRI 12/09/MRI 1/21/11
Continued W & W