Author Topic: New member  (Read 4147 times)

IAHeel

« on: January 04, 2007, 12:44:40 pm »
My wife Susan has a 1.9 cm right side AN. We are at House for pre-op tests today and surgery is scheduled for January 8. Her surgeons are Drs. Friedman and Schwartz. She is in good spirits and very confident. After some additional test data, we will be deciding between middle fossa and translab. These truly world-class physicians have an uncommonly consultative, humble manner.

Fred Moore

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 12:59:33 pm »
Hi Fred and welcome (to you and Susan).  Thrilled to hear you are in fantastic hands out at House (HEI) and you have a top-notch team looking out for her. Please give her well wishes and thoughts of a speedy recovery. Please keep us updated on how she (and yes, YOU) are doing... we are all here to cheer you on.

Good to see you both here!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

IAHeel

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 01:42:51 pm »
Thanks. Nice website and congratulations on your favorable report!

Sam Rush

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 03:35:40 pm »
I had my AN surgery at House 2 1/2 yrs ago, trans-lab.  No complications, back at work in my medical practice in 2 1/2 weeks. have resumed all pre-op activities and hobbies. Except for the hearing loss, it's like it never happened.  Good Luck !!
1 cm AN translab, Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Schwartz, Dr Doherety HEI   11/04   Baha 7/05

Palace

• Palace
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 03:42:51 pm »
Fred,

Our best thoughts for Susan and let us know as soon as possible how it went at House.

Thinking of you both.......Palace

22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness

Desilu

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 03:54:14 pm »
Hi Fred,

Your wife, Susan, is in good hands! The doctors at House chose middle fossa for me because I still and perfect hearing in my AN ear. After the surgery, I only lost about 15% of my earing in that ear. I can still hear well enough to talk on the phone with my AN ear. If they feel that they can't save her hearing, then they will probably do translab. If you have any questions please feel free to email me. I wish you both the best!  Ann

P.S. she's having surgery on the kings birthday (Elvis)!
HEI July 26, 2005
5mm X 8mm Left AN
Middle Fossa
Dr. Brackmann & Dr. Hitselberger

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 04:36:05 pm »
Hi, Fred:

Sorry your wife is an AN patient but, as all will attest, she is in good hands at the House Clinic.  We wish her well.

Jim[/color]
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Battyp

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2007, 04:59:05 pm »
May she have an outcome like sam!  Back to work in 2 1/2 weeks?  YIKES that's fast!  I'm still trying to get back after a  year plus! >:(

You guys are def. in good hands at hei.  Keep us posted on how things go!  We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers!

amylynn

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2007, 06:42:24 pm »
Fred, Dr Friedman did my translab 10/26/06.  He is awesome!  I can not say enough good things about him.  You are at the right place
amylynn 
3.0cm AN left
sx 10/26/06
House-Friedman/Hitselberger/translab
MO

lmurray69

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2007, 08:53:07 pm »
Fred, My best to susan . she is in great hands, they are wonderful.. she will be greatly taken care of you can be asured of that. your are at the best of the best...I had surery at house NOv1st 06  ,,I am doing great..
wish susan a speedy recovery Linda
radiation feb 05, gammaknife, tumor is 1.2x0.08/ surgery Nov 1st 2006 Dr House/Swarts/

Obita

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2007, 06:42:22 am »
Good luck Susan and Fred. 

If I had not been lucky enough to have two of the best AN surgeons 30 miles from me, I would
have gone to HEI, no question.

Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

IAHeel

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2007, 09:35:35 am »
Thanks to all of you for your interest and support.

Fred Moore

ixta

• grade 4 left AN
    • Killkuato Acoustic Dx and Tx
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2007, 07:08:32 pm »
Welcome Fred and Susan!

Get her on the boards so we can say Hi, and WELCOME TO THE CLUB! 8)
5cm left AN from IAC to cerebellum/brainstem.
Zapped out by Shahinian @ SBI over the course of 6.5 hrs on Monday 11/27 2006.
thestatus.com   h   biologyfly06