Author Topic: CK stories  (Read 2168 times)

Mark

CK stories
« on: November 22, 2005, 12:10:55 am »
I would like to encourage those of you who have had your AN's treated by CK to consider posting your story over on the CPSG board. Right now there are 6 on the web site and we could use some new ones  :) .

Sharing your experiences can be very helpful to those newly diagnosed and starting their journey of treatment research. It also allows someone to understand the total experience as opposed to the snipets and sound bites that a message board forum creates. If you are interested in having your story posted, just put it into a Word doc and send it to the administrator on the CPSG web site at cyberknifesupport.org

Thanks

Mark
CK for a 2 cm AN with Dr. Chang/ Dr. Gibbs at Stanford
November 2001

okiesandy

Re: CK stories
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 06:11:14 pm »
Mark,

You are so right about posting success stories on the Cyberknife site. This has been so frustrating. I had made up my mind about CK and then another group started collecting horror stories and now I am scared to death of any treatment. WE NEED SECCESS stories.

Sandy
Cyberknife 1/2006
Clinton Medbery III & Mary K. Gumerlock
St Anthony's Hospital
Oklahoma City, OK
Name of Tumor: Ivan (may he rest in peace)

SuzeAN

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2005, 10:23:28 am »
Hi Mark, Believe me I look forward to posting my success story...but I think its too soon right?  I just had CK done in early Oct, feel great.. as far as the actual process no problems, looking forward to MRI upcoming. 

Happy T-day,
Sue
2.5 cm, left side
CK-Barrows 10/05

Mark

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2005, 11:27:14 am »
Hi Sue,

I think it's OK to share your story at any point your comfortable. In my mind there are three major components of the AN Journey.

1) Making a treatment decision
2) Going through the treatment
3) Monitoring results and post treatment effects

Since you just went through the treatment in October, there is not a lot to share in item 3, but what you experienced in stage 1 & 2 is still very valuable to others who are just starting their journey. I wrote mine somewhere between the 6 mo. and 1 year MRI check up and continue to add updates to the story with each subsequent one. If you are intersted in sharing your story but want to wait for the first couple of Follow ups, I would encourage you to make some notes on what you felt through 1 & 2 while there fresh in your mind.

Mark
CK for a 2 cm AN with Dr. Chang/ Dr. Gibbs at Stanford
November 2001