Author Topic: INTERESTING Medical Article November 2008 on ANs  (Read 2750 times)

JulieE

Re: INTERESTING Medical Article November 2008 on ANs
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2008, 08:26:06 am »
Thanks for posting, Mary!  It's like a culmination of all the articles and research I did 10 months ago, except in a clearer, more readable form, which should greatly help those considering options.  I, too, recognize much of the lingo, but under RELEVANT ANATOMY the Authors seem to refer to a modern day opera; and an object which has no business being there, which I did not come across in my research:
  Inferior and a bit anterior to the foramen of Luschka is the olive, and just posterior to the olive lie the rootlets...
Oh - on second glance they did not evoke "The Man of La Mancha" and for some reason I keep picturing a college dare involving a martini gone bad...! ;D
But in all seriousness, this is extremely helpful.

Jules
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 03:45:46 pm by JulieE »

MaryBKAriz

• Weldon (my ROCK!) and me
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2008, 12:43:08 pm »
Jules......interesting......I didn't see that  :D

Mary
Diagnosed March 24, 2008, 1.1cm, right side, "Goldie" - small but mighty!! :-(
Hearing, lottsa balance problems and a few facial twitches before CK
CK June 2, 2008, BNI in PHX, Drs Daspit/Kresl, side effects,steroids helped. Getting "sea legs".
Apr 2012 - Still glad I chose CK

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2008, 08:32:57 pm »
Hey Jules,
I agree with you.  It almost sounded like a manual for planting something by the light of the moon, like they used to tell you in the old Farmer's Almanac. Olive?  Rootlet?  Martini recipe, maybe!

Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.