Author Topic: Natural relief for head pain AND headaches  (Read 4882 times)

jwporter

Natural relief for head pain AND headaches
« on: March 28, 2012, 11:01:44 pm »
Hey all,

I was wondering what people take for their headaches and head pain. I know people have said valerian root, ice packs, etc. But I was wondering if we could compile an extensive list.

Right now, I take 1 to 4 500mg Tylenol pills a day. It's usually around 2 though I take d-limonene as well cause I'm paranoid about my liver. I just purchased some feverfew and I hope that will help the headaches (I know it will take a couple weeks to kick in).

So what does everyone else use? Thanks!

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
Re: Natural relief for head pain AND headaches
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 06:18:49 am »
Good Day all of you Headache Sufferers,

I am wondering have any of you suffering pain ever run out of pain medication? I want to tell you of an ancient Chinese secret I learned from a friend of 40 years!

It works for both hands either right hand or left. Look at your hands. Do you see that webby area that occurs in all of us that is in between the thumb and index finger with either hand squeeze it tightly until it hurts but not enough to do damage.

This is for when you are having intense pain with no medication in sight and for when you want relief. It is only temporary and will only last until you let go and is not meant for long term relief as medication is.

However, it is thousands of years old and it still works!

Learn about the Shiatsu Pressure Points! 

Mike
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

Linda1947

• Scheduling Surgery
post surgical headaches
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 05:23:52 pm »
Hi, All

I had translab surgery almost 3 weeks ago. My one problem is headaches. I have one all the time and even meds don't help. The doctor said I would have them for a couple of weeks. I did have aseptic meningitis which might also be the cause? Anyone else experiencing these?
Thanks!
LindaR

mindyandy

• Loving Life
Re: Natural relief for head pain AND headaches
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 05:36:13 pm »
Sorry to hear about the headaches. Headaches suck. I had retro and worried about post op headaches. So far so good. Hopefully your headaches go away and stay away.

Mindy
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012