Author Topic: I took a peek at MRI/3T  (Read 3295 times)

sues1953

I took a peek at MRI/3T
« on: March 28, 2010, 08:22:48 am »
Hi all,

I have an appointment with Dr. Kartush (MI Ear Institute) on Tuesday, along with a bunch of other tests for hearing a balance.  I had the MRI done last Thursday and they made a couple of copies for me to take with.  I probably shouldn't have looked at it but I did  ???.  The shape doesn't even look the same as the previous MRI done in Dec, and it looks much bigger.  Now I really wish I hadn't looked at it.  I am not a radiologist of course and am hoping that it is the difference in the kind of MRI (3 Tesla).  I didn't actually measure it, too scared  :'(.

I have two more days to wait for my appt.  I need prayers and encouragement from you guys.  I don't want to upset my family.

Sue in Michigan
3.2 cm AN Right side diagnosed 12/4/09
Translab surgery May 2010 with Dr. Jack Kartush and Daniel Pieper at Michigan Ear Institute.
Successful surgery .5mm left on facial nerve.  Full facial movement. SSD, Tinnitis, tongue and lip numbness.  No headaches.  Back to living life.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: I took a peek at MRI/3T
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 09:52:29 am »
Sue -

don't get wound up, wait until Tuesday to see what Dr. Kartush has to say.

As you say, you aren't a radiologist; you may be worrying needlessly. Oftentimes we think we know a situation and we don't.

Prior to my first post op MRI I had a headache or two and a few twinges in my head.  I was convinced that my AN was regrowing.  I spent about two weeks freaking out, only to find that when the MRI was done everything was absolutely fine. 

Chances are your MRI isn't as bad as you think it is and if for some reason you are right, what's the biggest consequence?  That you decide on a doctor and a course of treatment?  That's a path you are already going down and should be close to making a decision on anyway.

Prayers,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

sues1953

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 04:53:05 am »
Thank you Jan,

I know your right.  Hopefully I will feel comfortable with Dr. Kartush and I will have a surgery date set by this evening, whatever the news on the new MRI.  I will be posting my outcome of today for sure.  I have a full day of testing today then speak with the Dr. at 4.  I have alot to be thankful for, I have learned so much in the past 3 and a half months.  I wouldn't do anything differently.

I appreciate your support.   Sue
Translab surgery May 2010 with Dr. Jack Kartush and Daniel Pieper at Michigan Ear Institute.
Successful surgery .5mm left on facial nerve.  Full facial movement. SSD, Tinnitis, tongue and lip numbness.  No headaches.  Back to living life.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 06:44:12 am »
Sue -

how'd yesterday's appointment go?

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

sues1953

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 08:02:18 am »
Thanks Jan, Denise, Carol Ann,  and all of you who have guided me through this long process.  My appt. yesterday went very well and I was most impressed with Dr. Kartush.

The girls that schedule surgery had gone for the day by the time I got out of there so I will post my surgery date either today or tomorrow.  I am feeling a huge weight off my shoulders. 

No measurable growth on the new MRI, you were so right Jan  ;D

God Bless you guys!

Sue

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 03:58:01 pm »
No measurable growth on the new MRI, you were so right Jan  ;D

Could you say that louder?  I just LOVE it when I'm right!  :D

Did you read this, Lori??  ;)

Seriously, I am SO glad to hear there was no measurable growth.

I saw your surgery date on another thread.

Congrats!  ;D

Jan