Author Topic: Second opinion  (Read 3177 times)

Penniferjiper

Second opinion
« on: December 05, 2015, 09:13:16 am »
I am a 31 year old mom of two littles (2 and 1). I was diagnosed with a large AN two weeks ago and I'll have translab done on January 14th. I didn't feel the need for a second opinion. I do feel like my surgeon is experienced and the person for the job, however when I stumbled upon a discussion on here about how you can receive a free consult from the House Ear Institute in CA, I figured it would be wise to pursue added peace on the matter. Can someone speak specifically to how one goes about contacting the House? (Or any other establishment that does free opinions via mail.)  I was unsuccessful in finding a thread on here with details and didn't see much information on their website. Thanks in advance for your help!

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: Second opinion
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 11:56:09 am »
Hi Penniferjiper and welcome to this forum .....

A quick reply for now ..... My most recent surgery was done at House Clinic/St, Vincent's Hospital by Drs. Marc Schwartz and Dr. Rick Friedman.  Dr. Schwartz is still at House, but Dr. Friedman is now at Keck/USC.  Both are excellent physicians and highly experienced in treating acoustic neuroma.  Here are a couple (of many) acoustic neuroma treating places who will give free consultations:

https://www.houseclinic.com/consultation/acousticneuroma

Consultation Request - Acoustic Neuroma

COMPLIMENTARY ACOUSTIC NEUROMA CONSULTATIONS
If you, a family member, or someone you know has been diagnosed with an acoustic neuroma, you may consult with a doctor from the House Clinic team. We will be happy to review the MRI scans and audiogram and speak with you by telephone. Please send a copy of the CD of your MRI images, a copy of your audiogram (hearing test), and copies of any balance testing (VNG) or auditory brainstem response (ABR) tests. The review of your records is free of charge.
(This offer does not apply to office consultations.)
Send the MRI scans by express delivery (be sure that you are able to track the package) to:

House Clinic
Attn: Acoustic Neuroma Website Consultations
2100 W. Third Street, 1st Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90057
You can expect to hear from a House Clinic physician. You may also call or fax a House Clinic physician at:

Telephone: (213) 483-9930
FAX: (213) 484-5900

http://acousticneuroma.keckmedicine.org/

Free Record Review   
Speak with one of our doctors at
(323) 442-4827
Gather all imaging, including MRI scans and audiograms
Mail imaging to USC Acoustic Neuroma Center 1540 Alcazar Street, Suite 204M, Los Angeles, CA 90033
Our Location   

1520 San Pablo Street Los Angeles, CA 90033

Keck Medical Center of USC
Heathcare Consultation Center (HCC II)
1520 San Pablo Street Suite 4600
Los Angeles, CA 90033

If you would like additional names/places in other locations, let us know.

Tell us a little bit more about your situation ..... size of your AN, hearing loss??, symptoms, etc.

Thoughts and prayers.

Clarice

Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011