Author Topic: ColoradoGal Surgery Update  (Read 4333 times)

cindyj

Re: ColoradoGal Surgery Update
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2008, 05:17:25 pm »
Great to hear from you!  Know you're so glad to be on the other side of the surgery.  Take care and take it easy.  Crossing fingers for your hearing...

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

Nancy Drew

• Colorado Tree Hugger!!!
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2008, 05:50:11 pm »
ColoradoGal,

I am so glad to hear that you made it through surgery, and I have been thinking about you like crazy just hoping things would turn out OK.  I hope in time your hearing will return.  When you get back to CO please let me know if there is anything I can do to help out.  I'll catch up in a PM, but in the meantime. . . . great news!!!  Enjoy that shampoo that everyone says is wonderful!!! 

Nancy :) :) :)

Also. . . Thanks Kathleen for the update on ColoradoGal.
12/05 AN diagnosed left ear 4.5mm
06/08 6mm
Gamma Knife 10/21/08
1 year MRI  6.8mm x 5.5mm
2 year MRI  5.9mm x 4.9mm
3 year MRI  6.5mm x 6.0mm 
Slight Hearing Loss Post GK

Swedish Gamma Knife Center
Englewood, CO
Dr. Robert Feehs

Kathleen5306

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2008, 05:54:27 pm »
Maureen

I am so glad you are posting!  When a postie posts, we all know they are doing great!  Keep laying low and sleeping and staying horizontal.  Those are all good things and very needed right after surgery.  Sorry I didn't get the updates more timely to update this forum.  Somehow my email got "truncated" from your husband's Blackberry and I was always a couple days late.  But, now you are here to let everyone know how you are doing.  Welcome to postie-land.  We'll see you back in Colorado before too long.

All the best,

Kathleen
Right side AN 19 x 9 x 8 treated CK 2002
Stanford Dr. Chang and Dr. Gibbs
Total hearing loss and tinnitus
Tumor has grown since CK treatment
Measures 20 x 13 x 14 June 2008
Translab Surgery HEI 7/30/2008
Dr. Friedman and Dr. Schwartz

ColoradoGal

• Can I make you a margarita?
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2008, 11:25:52 am »
Hi all,

I am back in Colorado and doing very well.  Not ready to go back to work two weeks post-op like pswift, (must be something about the "swift" part of the name), but it's great to be surrounded by my kids again.   With SSD I discovered I can't locate the cordless phone anymore by following the beeping - so that's one less job for me!   :)

Some folks may be interested to know:
Yesterday a friend who does a lot homeopathy (I call her a witch doctor) brought me a tube of "Nelsons Cuts & Scrapes cream with hypericum and calendula" for my scar.  I can't believe how fast the cream is helping!  Already today my incision is much softer, flatter, and more healed! 

2.5cm x 2.8cm debulked Aug 2008 at Barrows
retrosig, Spetzler & Weisskopf
post-op SSD, but all the facial stuff is working!

sgerrard

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2008, 10:05:23 pm »
Hi Maureen,

Glad to see you are home. Hopefully the altitude in Colorado is not a problem. :)

Take care and take it slow for a while.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2008, 04:37:31 pm »
Hi there!
Glad you're home, I remember how good it feels to be there!  Take really good care of yourself; nap, eat, sleep, walk; like a terrier-
Marci
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

wendysig

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2008, 09:01:59 pm »
ColoradoGal,

Glad to hear you are home.  As Dorothy so eloquently put it in the Wizard of Oz-- there's no place like home.  Let yourself be pampered, rest and heal.

Best wishes,
Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!