Author Topic: Neck Issues ......  (Read 3119 times)

Denisex2boys

Neck Issues ......
« on: October 23, 2007, 01:35:27 pm »
For a couple of weeks now my neck has been making a loud cracking sound every now and again (like it does when you get a chiropractic adjustment) - but I haven't ......  there is no pain associated with this but it is annoying and loud - I cannot 'make' it crack - it just does ..... I bought a new pillow a couple of weeks ago but to no avail. 

Does anyone else have neck issues - -

It seems every little tick, crack, ANYTHING ........  I want to blame on this AN - I am still pre-treatment and awaiting another MRI in December.
- Oct. 16/08 - 12 hour 'blob-ectomy' at LHSC in London, ON - Dr. Lownie and Parnes
- Some internal facial numbness (cheek, tongue, eye), SSD, headaches (getting better), dry eye, some balance issues..... but othwise AWESOME!

cheza

• I must be strong, this thing is beating me
    • facebook
Re: Neck Issues ......
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 02:34:23 pm »

Hi,

I have neck problems all the time infact it just constantly hurts and has done for nearly 2 years now, my neck cracks all the time don't worry the crack is just a release of pressure, pressure or as its sometimes refered to, gas builds up in the joints and when there is to much pressure you here the crack thats the pressure being released.

Have you been to a chiropracter over this?

I go once every couple of weeks and it really helps the cracks are less frequent after seeing him and he has done the adjustments, cracking is a good thing, trust me, I know, I also have a (please excuse the spelling) scholieosis (curviture of the spine) and that cracks alot too, infact so does my knee, hip, elbows and shoulders.

I don't think the cracks have anything to do with the AN because all my other body parts crack quite regulary, I think its more to do with the person, my husband hates it when my bones crack because of the sound it makes, he thinks its not right just because his bones never crack, I'm sure if you ask around loads of people have cricky bones or noiesy joints.

Don't worry I think its all very normal stuff and not neccesserly linked to your AN.

Hope I've eased your mind Cheryl. XxX  ;D
diagnosed 4th Oct 07 with a 3cm left acoustic neuroma,
surgery 9th Nov 07, age 30 at time of surgery,
total hearing loss to left ear, grade 6 facial palsay (getting better)
latest MRI shows regrowth on facial nerve.

Mark H

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 07:44:18 pm »
Along with the twins (AN's) I have at least one NF tumor in my neck that's starting to bug me a wee bit. I go for my next MRI early next year and if it's changed any I'll have to start thinking about doing something about it. My only question would be if it's better to yard that puppy out sooner rather than later. My neck is getting a bit bothersome but it might be better to leave things alone. Guess I'll find out more with the MRI.  ;D
Mark

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 09:43:52 am »
I had neck pain and cracking my neck all the time.. BEFORE surgery .... (the special pillows did help but only a little) your right there was no pain in the cracking .. but it was loud ! .. my wife would look at me strange and say I should not do that!! 
   ... after surgery..
this all went away!!!!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 09:50:55 am by Joef »
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital