Author Topic: Almost back to "normal"  (Read 3014 times)

Timjk

Almost back to "normal"
« on: April 17, 2007, 10:19:06 am »

Well it has been 2 months since the first surgery. I am happy to report I am driving again. I even drove at night last week for the first time. My follow-up doctor visit is May 7th at Moffitt Center. My plan is to go back to work after that. I am feeling great.. actually better by the week...

Tim
Surgery Feb.7th at Moffitt,Tampa. Removed right side AN 3.3 CM plus Chiari Malformation decompression.Second surgery Feb.23rd Ventricle Periphirial Shunt to correct CSF leak.. NO HEARING LOSS.. NO HEADACHES... GOD IS GOOD !!!

1wareagle

Re: Almost back to "normal"
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 10:30:57 am »
Tim,

Great to hear some good new for a change. I drove sooner than you did and I should have waited longer. My brain was in slow motion at first and to do anything was like an out of head experience.
Good luck in your recovery!
Ellis
Ellis- Age 50- Mississippi
3.2 cm AN Translab w/ BAHA Surgery
@ House Ear Clinic - LA - 01/04/07    Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hilselberger, Dr. Stefan
Platinum weight in right eye-Dr. Roberts
Right side facial paralysis (slowly getting movements)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 11:12:36 am »
to my Chiari-bro-in-crime... great news! Congrats! Please remember to take it easy... continued wellness to you!

Your chiari-sistah!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Battyp

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 07:49:23 am »
Yeah Tim!
So glad to hear your progress...you'll be able to drive to meet me in June when I go for my follow up at Moffit :o

Yvette

• Yvette
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 11:28:51 am »
Tim, wonderful to hear of your recovery-what, if any, post op symptoms are you still dealing with. Driving at night has a weird feel to it for me. I'm 3 months post op. Yvette
3cm translab Jan. 2007 performed at Mayo Clinic MN. by Drs. Link and Driscoll. SSD but doing great!

Featofclay

• February, 2011
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2007, 09:49:17 am »
 :)  Sounds like you are doing great to me.  I am 9 weeks post-op yesterday and I haven't gotten brave enough to try driving at night.  Daytime is sometimes difficult if there is a lot of traffic! 

Keep improving and have a great weekend!
Jean
Diagnosed 12/19/06; 1.7 cm x .8 cm right side
Retrosigmoid 2/16/07 @ House Ear Institute
Dr. Rick Friedman, Dr. Marc Schwartz & Dr. Michael Stefan
Excellent results