Author Topic: New to the "post" side of AN!  (Read 3094 times)

Musicman

New to the "post" side of AN!
« on: April 04, 2007, 07:58:35 pm »
So, I finished my three CK treatments last week and I have had almost no adverse reactions.  I did find that almost exactly 10 hours after each treatment, I had an energy "crash".  The first time I was in the supermarket and just felt like I could barely walk and just wanted to collapse on the shopping cart.  The next two times I was at home.  The second day, my head felt pressurized and I did use an ice pack.  But, other than that, CK was a breeze!  Now, we wait and see how things go!

17mm (still nice and small!!)
Received Diagnosis December 16, 2006
Currently scheduled for CyberKnife week of March 26, 2007

Stevey

Re: New to the "post" side of AN!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 09:30:58 pm »
Congrats on the Completion of your CK Treatment and Best wishes for complete necrosis!  Should be a Hallmark card!
I hope that your symptoms remain as bearable, and that your Fatigue subsides soon!
Seriously, Congrats!

Steve
2 cm Left Acoustic Neuroma Remved on 1/31/07
Via Retro Sigmoid resection at Hospital of U of Penn - complete removal by Drs. Judy and Bigelow.
Deaf in Left ear.  Looking at TransEar for dealing with SSD

Obita

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 06:19:01 pm »
Congrats to postie musicman!!

Heres hoping you get some NECROSIS for Christmas!!

Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

Musicman

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 10:24:55 pm »
Do you know, is "fatigue" a typical response?  I still find myself falling asleep earlier in the evening and this is a couple weeks after....

Congrats on the Completion of your CK Treatment and Best wishes for complete necrosis!  Should be a Hallmark card!
I hope that your symptoms remain as bearable, and that your Fatigue subsides soon!
Seriously, Congrats!

Steve
17mm (still nice and small!!)
Received Diagnosis December 16, 2006
Currently scheduled for CyberKnife week of March 26, 2007

Stevey

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 10:26:47 am »
I have read radiation patients experisncing wicked fatigue, my Mom did when she had CK for stage IV breast cancer.  It will pass, My post surgical fatigue "wall" is easier to jump over at 8 weeks on a typical day.

Cheers,

Steve
2 cm Left Acoustic Neuroma Remved on 1/31/07
Via Retro Sigmoid resection at Hospital of U of Penn - complete removal by Drs. Judy and Bigelow.
Deaf in Left ear.  Looking at TransEar for dealing with SSD