Author Topic: AN and Alzheimers  (Read 1860 times)

mema

AN and Alzheimers
« on: May 10, 2007, 07:20:21 am »
My Grandfather had Alzheimers disease.  My Dad had a bad fall, was in a coma for 3 weeks and seven yrs later started onset dimencia.  He passed away at age 77 from Alzheimers.  Of course I'm concerned because I see any treatment done to the brain sort of as an injury.  Just wondering if anyone has heard of any statistics concerning AN treatments and Alzheimers?
6mm x 8mm left AN FSR 26 treatments Nov.-Dec.2005
MD Anderson Orlando, Fl.

Derek

Re: AN and Alzheimers
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 01:27:00 pm »
Hi 'mema'...

Please do put all thoughts aside re any association between Alzheimers and acoustic neuromas.

My initial research indicates that a  direct causation of Alzheimers is not known but it has been established from a clinical picture of Alzheimers sufferers that 'prior personality organisation of the individual and stressfulness in the life situation' are believed to be contributory factors.

I have not learned of any association attributable to brain injury or radiation treatment.

Regards

Derek
Residing UK. In 'watch & wait' since diagnosis in March 2002 with right side AN. Initially sized at 2.5cm and now self reduced to 1.3cm.
All symptoms have abated except impaired hearing on affected side which is not a problem for me.