Author Topic: Mass General Lodging  (Read 2297 times)

jimmy r

Mass General Lodging
« on: May 09, 2007, 04:47:17 pm »
After much research and consideration I have decided to have my surgery at Mass General with Dr Mekena and Barker on June 22. Any recomendations on where my wife and daughter should stay? Hopefully I will only be in the hospital for 3 to 5 days.
Translab HEI 1987. Retro-sigmoid Mass General 6/19/2007. 7 hour surgery by Barker and Mekena. No nerve damage. Not all the tumor removed.

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
Re: Mass General Lodging
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 07:25:05 pm »
There's a Holiday Inn directly across the street from MGH (http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/sl/1/en/hotel/bosgc?_requestid=38424).  You can also see MGH's list of local accommodations at http://www.massgeneral.org/visitor/accommodations.htm.  You'll probably want to find something within a few blocks (walking distance) of MGH. 

I know it was a tough decision for you, but I have full confidence in McKenna/Barker.  They're a great team.  Please let me know if I can do anything to help or answer any questions!

Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

linnilue

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 07:32:03 pm »
Good for you Jimmy.  I love Dr. McKenna and I trust him implicitly.  I however had radiosurgery and ended up with multiple issues which he diagnosed as radiation damage.  He was very honest and forthcoming about my situation.  And in the future if I should need surgery, he will be the man.  You are in great hands.  He is a very well respected physician in his field.  Good choice and best of luck.  I'll be looking out for your first postings after the surgery.  Godspeed.
Left AN dx. 11/05 Linac radiosurgery 01/06 Burlington, VT for a 9mm x 5mm tumor.  No necrosis yet (2 yrs. post-op).  Multiple post radiosurgery complications, some permanent.  Have radio-oncologist here.  Now see Dr. McKenna, Mass. Eye & Ear Instit., Boston for flollow-up care as my main An doctor.

jimmy r

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 02:32:42 pm »
Thank you for your help.

Jimmy
Translab HEI 1987. Retro-sigmoid Mass General 6/19/2007. 7 hour surgery by Barker and Mekena. No nerve damage. Not all the tumor removed.