Author Topic: todays the day  (Read 5180 times)

kss4luck

• 2.1 cm removed translab 5/4/07 Dr Jung/Clark RCH
todays the day
« on: May 04, 2007, 05:35:56 am »
Well this is the morning. I'll leave for the hospital in about 1/2 hour.  I'm excited about having this finished and thanks for all your help. I'll check in wneh I'm home and God willing everything is over. God Bless you all. thanks,
Cindy

Obita

Re: todays the day
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 05:47:25 am »
Good luck Cindy!!

Here is a hug for luck!!  Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

flier58

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 06:41:29 am »
hi cindy,
You are in my prayers!!!!   Good luck to you ......... and good riddance to the tumor!!!!
Flier58

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 06:59:23 am »
My thoughts to you for a smooth, speedy recovery and I look forward to hearing from you. 
1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear

Ellenmn

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 08:53:59 am »
I'll be praying for a great results.

er

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 09:38:10 am »
Good luck Cindy,
I'll be holding your hand in spirit.

Shrnwldr

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2007, 09:40:46 am »
Good Luck Cindy. You are in my prayers.  ~Sharon
2cm x1cm, right side
Surgery: Trans-lab approach
Dr. Jerald V. Robinson, Dr. William Hitselberger, Dr. Michael Stefan.
Hopsital: St Vincent's Hospital, Los Angeles, CA
Date of Surgery: May 18, 2007

Lainie181818

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2007, 12:48:05 pm »
All the best Cindy,
rest, rest, rest.
Lainie.

Yvette

• Yvette
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2007, 10:36:44 pm »
I prayed for you! Let us know how you're doing when you can! Yvette
3cm translab Jan. 2007 performed at Mayo Clinic MN. by Drs. Link and Driscoll. SSD but doing great!

kss4luck

• 2.1 cm removed translab 5/4/07 Dr Jung/Clark RCH
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2007, 08:30:03 am »
I'm home I had my surgery on 5/4 and everything went wonderful. I was in SICU until Monday when they put me in a regular room. I was the Dr I wanted to come home to rest better so they let me out yesterday. I will be home 3-4 weeks recovery.  I had a slightly complicated surgery the tumor was fibrous and wrapped around the nerves. He got it all without having to cut any of the nerves. I told him I did not believe he had been operating alone that he had an extra set of hands with him. he said it went so well he would not be surprised.
I went for a walk this morning about 1/4 mile and now I'm checking some emails and eating oatmeal and coffee. alot of lower back pain either terrible bed in hospital or laying around too much. in the regular room there was so much of a gully in the bed the nurse taped 3 pillows in the hole. I'm just so blesses to be home

Pembo

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2007, 10:58:22 am »
Welcome Home and it sounds like you are doing wonderfully! Take it easy, get your rest, and allow yourself to be pampered a bit. and Welcome to the Other side of the AN world, the new normal.
Surgery June 3, 2004, University Hospitals Cleveland, BAHA received in 2005, Facial Therapy at UPMC 2006

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2007, 02:04:29 pm »
Cindy,

Your home--awsome!  I'm happy all went well for you and very glad to hear you are home.  Remember to allow yourself time to rest every day even 5 minutes of eyes closed can revive you.  May your healing go forward for you and you regain your pre AN strength!
1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear

TP

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2007, 03:31:03 pm »
Welcome home. You sound wonderful. However, my advise, rest, rest and rest. I went out to a function two weeks from my surgery with a CSF leak and did a few things, I was back in the hospital within a few days with complications (won't go into those details). Seriously listen to your DR and get plenty of rest. Once he/she gives the ok to exercise or go back to work then take it easy until you feel strong enough. I am a big believer in exercise but make sure you have someone with you while you walk, balance can be an issue.   

Also, the hospital bed may have been the reason for your back pain but I woke up from my AN with horrible pain on my right side. It was due to laying on that side for over 9 hours during surgery. I thought my leg and rib cage hurt as bad as my head. It actually took a few months before all the pain in that area was gone. Also, did you have a lumbar drain inserted in your back during surgery? If so, that may also be the reason for your back pain.

Again, you sound wonderful but let folks pamper you for a few weeks. 
4+cmm left retromastoid of cerebellopontine angle tumor removed 6/5/06; Dr. Eric Gabriel, St. Vincents, Jacksonville, FL
Left ear hearing loss, left eye gold weight, facial paralysis; 48 year old female. Dr. Khuddas - my hero - corrected my double vision

redgrl

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2007, 06:19:35 pm »
Glad your home Cindy. Get lots of rest and take it easy. I had a CSF leak 3 weeks after surgery. It was a nightmare. Best wishes on your recovery.  :D
4 cm left side AN. Translab Sept 20th 06 at virginia mason w/Dr. Backous & Dr. Nussbaum. Second surgery Oct 15th 06 to repair CFS leak.

Yvette

• Yvette
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2007, 07:47:55 pm »
Welcome home! Nap nap nap! Love, Yvette
3cm translab Jan. 2007 performed at Mayo Clinic MN. by Drs. Link and Driscoll. SSD but doing great!