Author Topic: Good eveing everyone I have a problem again..ear ache  (Read 3290 times)

lmurray69

Good eveing everyone I have a problem again..ear ache
« on: March 10, 2007, 11:24:17 pm »
H everyone , I hate to come with questions only . but cant stay long. I had my ear itching last night so i  put my finrger in there and giggled it. trying to itch you know.. Well i woke up this morning and it hurt so bad. it feels like i broke something. it is draining a little . but I had my husband look he said it looked ok to him. slightly pink . it feels like something is touching something senstive. It really hurts bad. I dont know what to do . My Dr is 75 miles away and the weekend dont help.I have Capt Debs headaches they put me on imitrex. but i have heard so many bad stories. woud the imitrex help the pain. what do i take.Well gang I took one of the imitrex will see. Sorry to be a baby but I have had no pain with the AN side except the head aches.now ear ache on an side..
radiation feb 05, gammaknife, tumor is 1.2x0.08/ surgery Nov 1st 2006 Dr House/Swarts/

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
Re: Good eveing everyone I have a problem again..ear ache
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 02:50:47 am »
Linda,
It's good to hear from you again.  I'm sorry about your ear aches.  I have the itching and buring and aching in my AN ear and the doctor always says it is nothing.  I usually take Naproxin 500mg for it.  Imitrex hasn't helped that pain for me and like Capt Deb I am now taking the shots.  The pills made me sick as did the nasal spray.  I put warm compresses on my ear and lie down on my AN side until the pain goes away.  I think all of the cold weather you have been having hasn't helped.
I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Hugs,
BrendaO
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007, 06:31:06 am »
Linda:  I was thinking of you last week, looking over the 'posts'
          So glad you wrote in, hope the facial issues cleared up..
          Once in awhile I get bad itching down in the ear canal,
          But the pain I get(rarely) isn't excruciating;
          Hang in there, give the doc a call Monday if you can wait.
          Let us know what happens...
          (funny, as I'm writing this my ear is starting to hurt.. sympathy pains ?)
Take care, Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

pearchica

• Hey!
    • Political Chic Chat- an Independent Political Cocktail for Women
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2007, 03:42:59 pm »
 >:( Stupid ear causing you pain like that- that's horrible Linda- I hope you can get it treated soon.  Take care, Annie
Annie MMM MY Shwannoma (sung to the son My Sharona by the Knack-1979)
I have a TUMAH (Arnold Schwarzenegger accent) 2.4 x 2.2 x 1.9CM. CK Treatment 2/7-2/9/07, Stanford- Dr. Stephen Chang, Dr. Scott Soltys

lmurray69

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2007, 07:46:10 pm »
I want to thank you all for replys. It still hurts I  took the imitrex last night but it didnt help. I have to be carefull with all the pill I normally take for heart and diabetis. What are the shots that help you. I am already shooting for diaetis. whats one more shot. If it helps. The DR. saiid that Ibprofen might help and sudafed. so i got some sudafed today. But still have the pain..It hurts so bad..
radiation feb 05, gammaknife, tumor is 1.2x0.08/ surgery Nov 1st 2006 Dr House/Swarts/

Obita

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2007, 08:11:33 pm »
Hi Linda:

Maybe you have an ear infection and it is nothing AN related.  They hurt, I had one once and my ear did
drain with it.  Is there a local urgent care you can go to?  I hope it is something easy and treatable.

Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

lmurray69

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2007, 08:14:55 pm »
Obita, I will check tomorrow and see. it hurts to talk and chew food. even just setting I get a sharp pain in the ear and Neck so you maybe right. will see about it..