Author Topic: Welcome and Thank You  (Read 3551 times)

Director

• Administrator
Welcome and Thank You
« on: March 14, 2012, 07:25:14 am »
We welcome Jay (Username:  jaylogs) as our new Forum Moderator.  Jay is from Phoenix and has been active on the forum for some time.  We look forward to his assistance with forum moderation. 

We say thank you to Steve (Username:  sgerrard) for your years of service to the forum.  Your participation on the forum has been most supportive and informative.  We will miss your moderation, but know you will still be "lurking" on the forum.

Judy Vitucci, ANA

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: Welcome and Thank You
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 07:44:39 am »
Jay .....

So excited that you are a new moderator here on the Forum.  You have a kind, gentle spirit about you in your comments and I know you will do well in this role.

Steve .....

We will miss you in your role as moderator, but grateful that you gave so willingly for many years.  You helped me tremendously during the early months of my AN journey, with your subtle humor and just the right amount of helpful information.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 11:07:08 am »
I welcomed Jay privately but allow me to do so publicly... 

Welcome, Jay!

If you have any moderator-related questions, ask Phyl.  Just kidding!  Joe and I are always at your service.....but Phyl just knows more.  :D

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 09:44:07 pm »
Thanks Jim, I already have the Bat-Phone hotwired to Phyl's inbox! :)  Claurice...thanks for the kind words... I can only hope I can do half as well as Steve did during his mod tenure here!  And Judy, thank you...I am honored to be a small part of this wonderful world of ANA!

Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston

Suu

• Better out than in.
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 03:06:42 am »
I'll give you the best Aussie welcome that I can.

Good on ya mate!

♥ ´)
.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•♥ ¨)
(,.•´ (.♥ •´ *Suu
4cm Left side AN Translab August 18th 2010
Facial nerve not working
Nerve conduction Jan '11 Repeated 23rd May '11
SSD left side
5 ops in 6 weeks to fix CSF leaks
Tarsorrhaphy 9 Mar '11 Extended 26 Aug '13
Sling Thur 16 June '11
12/7 nerve graft 9 Feb '12

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 03:55:00 am »
*the all-knowing Phyl walks in to say her words of wisdom......*

Welcome Jay to the "elite" club! Your turn to make sure the Mod Leer Jet is fueled up and ready to go!  You're going to do great! :)

*the all-knowing Phyl walks out......*
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 12:19:04 pm »
Congratulations I have followed your advice to others and you will truly be an asset to this site ..
Diagnosed with a 1 cm. AN had Retrosigmoid
Approach surgery July of 2009, several problems after surgery.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 08:14:28 pm »
Jay -

congratulations!  I'm so thrilled that you are the new moderator, although I'll miss Steve greatly  :(

It's kind of a thankless job and one I'm sure that I couldn't do - not that I was asked or anything  ;D

Good luck,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2012, 04:17:35 am »
It's kind of a thankless job...........

The Moderator Leer Jet is our "Thanks" :)
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"