Author Topic: This Week 9/6 in the AN World  (Read 4149 times)

Rich56

• a caregiver's 2-cents
This Week 9/6 in the AN World
« on: September 06, 2009, 05:05:05 pm »
Regarding last week’s update, thank you for the kind words :)  I’m looking forward to that dumplin ;D

Can you believe it is Labor Day Weekend already?  The summer sure flew by this year.

Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday are open days on the AN Calendar.

Monday is Labor Day, and hopefully it will be a fun and safe day for everyone.

Wednesday is a busy day:  Jay (jays) is having MF at House Clinic.  Jay you’ll be in our thoughts and prayers for a successful surgery, without complications.  We hope you have a comfortable stay at the Seton Guest Center, and a safe flight home on the 19th.
Cindy (CindyJ) is celebrating her 50th Birthday, Happy Birthday Cindy.
And Katie (krbonner) is having her 3 year follow-up MRI, and we sure hope you have clean results.

Thursday we have another birthday, Happy Birthday Greg

To recap Laura’s (Allegro17) Subaru Ironman Canada competition, she did the swim in 1:29:24, the bike in 6:20:30, and the run in 4:36:19 for an overall time of 12:36:49 finishing 1063 out of 2595.  She is simply amazing.  Congratulations Laura.

For those that are recovering from surgery, we’re send good thoughts your way for continued improvement,

Rich & Scarlett
SML (Scarlett's) other half, she had - 1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid on 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston, MA. Dr. Barker & Dr. Lee of MGH/MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
The AN Calendar is here: http://www.my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: This Week 9/6 in the AN World
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 05:48:47 pm »
Yeppers, Rich.. you are  certainly earning JoeF's dumplin next month! :D  (sorry Joe.....)

Here's to sending wellness wishes to all those enduring treatments this week.

Cindy, you young thang!!!!! Happy burpday to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xoxoxo  And to Greg too! :)

Katie, I can't believe its 3 yrs already... seems like yesterday! Truly! You've come a LONG way and MAJOR congrats on your 3 yr ANniversary! xoxoxo

Be well and stay well all!
Phyl

"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

sgerrard

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 07:02:25 pm »
Best wishes Jay for a good surgery. It looks like you have the spotlight to yourself.

Happy Birthday Cindy and Greg. The numbers mean nothing.  ;)

Clean MRI for Katie. Nice to have a quiet week.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Keri

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 11:56:50 am »
Rich,
Thank you again for doing the weekly summary.  It is a somewhat quiet week.

With all the talk of the dumplins and the brunch, I'm really hungry and wish I could join y'all again. I'd love to come up there in October. Maybe some year.

Jay - we all hope your surgery goes really well and you have a smooth recovery.

Katie - happy 3 year anniversary!

Greg - Happy Birthday - have a great day!
Cindy - Happy 50th! That's my next one. Oh wait, no it's not. I'll be 49. I've really lost track after 40. Anyway - I hope you have a special 50th - have any exciting plans?

Rich - thanks for posting Laura's times. It was great to have her # and track her. I remember once long ago, pre-surgery she remarked, "I hope I can still run after surgery!" It's amazing what so many ANers have done post surgery. Even if it's not physically taxing stuff, just the people on here - their helpful attitudes and all that, it's great.

OK, have a good week everyone!

Keri

1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 12:16:58 pm »
Thanks, all.  I'm actually a little nervous about tomorrow.  It was my second pregnancy (probably) that triggered rapid growth and my original onset of symptoms.  Having just had baby #3 this year, I'm anxious to know if there's anything there.  I have been having a few minor symptoms lately (cheek tingling, headaches) that could be attributed to fatigue and stress from back-to-school and an infant, or just psychosomatic, or something more.  I'll update tomorrow.

Best of luck to Jay, and happy birthday Greg and Cindy!!!

Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 01:28:25 pm »
Rich & Scarlett ~

Thanks again for keeping the weekly AN updates alive.  Well, Labor day is upon us and in a strict chronological sense, summer is over, at least for those of us living in climes that experience discernible seasons.  Of course, some of us cling to the illusion that summer isn't really over until you pack away your summer clothes, and I don't do that until the end of September.  So, 'summer' becomes a state of mind and in the northeast, we do have some spectacular summer-like days during the month of September, only without the searing heat and oppressive humidity of 'real' summer.  Actually, October, although definitely autumnal, is usually a superb month for those of us living in places where the leaves 'turn' and the weather has not yet gone frigid.  But as often happens, I digress.  Sorry.

My sincere hopes for a complication-free, successful AN removal surgery at HEI for Jay.  Our thoughts will be with you and prayers said for you, Jay. 

Katie's 3-year MRI scan comes just ahead of mine (probably next month - I'm procrastinating) and I wish her a serene scan experience - and favorable results. 

Happy Birthday wishes go out to both Cindy and Greg.  I hope your Day is a good one for you.

Laura's 'Ironman' (Canada) results are impressive, considering both the competition and her relatively recent AN surgery.  Bravo, Laura! 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

cindyj

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2009, 04:40:38 pm »
Thanks for the wishes guys!  I am feeling every one of those 50 years today...am training for a 1/2 marathon in Oct (kind of a walk/jog thing ::)).  Seems very wimpy compared to Laura's Iron Man - that was truly something, Laura!  Way to go!

Happy b-day to you, Greg!

Best to you, Jays, in LA.  Will be anxious to see updates...

Hope all is completely clear for you, Katie!

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

Keri

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 06:33:17 pm »
Katie - keep us posted about tomorrow. Sometimes I just take it for granted that everyone's scan is going to be clean and that follow up visits are just a routine thing. I hope your symtoms are not attributable to anything new. I know it's easier to worry - especially when you have little ones depending on you. I'll bet your baby, who was the 'hit' of the spring brunch, is really cute!

Cindy - good for you on the half marathon. That's a tough distance. Will this be your first half? Where are you running? I think I read somewhere that half marathons are really gaining in popularity. The distance is enough to make you train seriously, but not so much that you wonder if you'll ever finish! Let us know how it goes - put it on the calendar even.  We'll all cheer for you. And none of us can compare ourselves to Laura - very few, in the grand scheme of things, can complete an Ironman triathlon. But everyone here who does a 5K, a half, a marathon, bikes, walks, etc  - we can all be proud of what we're doing.

Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

wendysig

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2009, 11:59:16 pm »
Rich,

Thanks as always for this week's update.  I don't get online much these days and they really help me get caught up quickly.

Good luck to Jay -- may your surgery go smoothly and have no complications.  I look forward to hearing updates on your progress.

Happpy 50th birthday to Cindy and Also sending birthday greetings to  Greg on Thursday.  Many happy returns
to both of you.   congratulations to Katie on her 3 year follow-up MRI, and I hope your visit to the tube of gloom is an easy one and that your results are clear. 

Congratulations to Laura for her participiation in the Subaru Ironman Canada competition.  Really amazing and inspirationa!

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

grega

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2009, 07:30:03 am »
WOW .... I'm surprised at all the b-day wishes ..... THANKS to eveyone!   And good wishes to Cindy on your milestone (but we won't mention that, huh?) .... as well as to Jay on your surgery, and to Katie on your follow-up.

And specially to Steve .... I send my gratitude for your attitude .... "The numbers mean nothing."

You betcham !  ;D

Keep smiling all!
Greg
1.5 cm AN retrosig 11/04.
Drs. Henry Brem & Michael Holliday @ Johns Hopkins, Baltimore
SSD right. Tinnitus big-time, only when thinking of it.
BAHA since 7/20/10 ... really helps w/ hearing, specially after programming in subliminal message: "Hey, don't listen to your tinnitus!"

cindyj

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2009, 05:13:48 pm »

Cindy - good for you on the half marathon. That's a tough distance. Will this be your first half? Where are you running? I think I read somewhere that half marathons are really gaining in popularity. The distance is enough to make you train seriously, but not so much that you wonder if you'll ever finish! Let us know how it goes - put it on the calendar even.  We'll all cheer for you. And none of us can compare ourselves to Laura - very few, in the grand scheme of things, can complete an Ironman triathlon. But everyone here who does a 5K, a half, a marathon, bikes, walks, etc  - we can all be proud of what we're doing.

Keri

It is in Atl on Halloween morning.  I did my first half last year prior to my AN diagnosis.  Walked it mainly, but am trying to add a bit of jogging this time...we'll see  ;)  I'll definitely let y'all know how it goes!

Cindy

rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings