Author Topic: MRI - latest scan and check-up  (Read 8013 times)

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
Re: MRI - latest scan and check-up
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2010, 08:01:47 pm »
Aussie Chris, that's hilarious!  Yeah, don't start staring at any one body part for too long, because it starts to look weird.  And kisses from Phyl!  My day is complete! And yes, of course, I think we all do rawk!!   Thanks for all the thumbs up.  It's nice.  Yeah, the doctors are bored of us now.  No challenge to them.  Their work is done.

But what if it went something like this:

Dr. - "Good News, Sue!""

Me - "Really? Whatup, Doc?"

Dr. - Well, it looks like that pesky tumor is nearly gone."

Me - "Gasp! No kidding!"

Dr. - Oh yes, it's just a smear, and the trigeminal nerve is healing itself.  You should be symptom free in about two weeks."

Me - "Wow!"

Dr. "And I talked with the medical journal people about writing a paper on this, and they are willing to pay you about $25,000 for a study of your healing, and you and your family can have an all expense paid trip to their facility, which is located in Orlando, Florida and you can have free passes to Disney World if you want.  It's all included you know.  Shall I make the call?"

Me: Hey, everybody, my AN is gone and I'm going to Disney World!!

My husband:  "Wake up, Sue!  You're yelling about Disney World...  Wake up!! "   ;) or  :'(   can't decide which one is more appropriate!!  ::)

Sue in Vancouver, USA 

Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Aussie Chris

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2010, 02:07:09 am »
Now you are talking Donnalynn. I can bring all the varieties of Tim Tams you can't get over there and I am quite happy to drink....err bring the rum. At least I will have an excuse for loosing my balance. Capt Deb can help us out with the trip too if she can get the snow thawed in time.
3.1cm AN treated by radiation approx 3yrs ago

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2010, 11:28:36 am »
Donnalynn, I love your scenario better!!   Awesome!!
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sue in Vancouver, USA

Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side

Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

davjack

• Spinning out of control
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2010, 11:45:09 am »
Hi All,

I said, 'Well, you are supposed to tell me it's dead, dead, dead."  And he said, "Oh, it's dead. But, we should monitor you for 5 years after

Really! That is awesome! Could he tell by the MRI that it was dead? So you had the radiation back in 2006?
DJ
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 11:46:50 am by davjack »
Lumpy is 1.3cm...am now in W&W mode since Dec. 2009

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2010, 02:01:22 pm »
Yes, to all those questions.  April 18, 2006 I was nuked.  They could tell necrosis had begun in a later MRI because there was some darkening or little black specks.   When I expressed fears, common pre-MRI check-up kind of worries,  my friend Lorenzo, (another AN'er said)  "Nothing could survive THAT!".  I am thinking that the doctor is confident that the tumor is no longer active, no longer growing, no longer a threat to my long-term well being.  I was hoping that the darn thing would show more physical signs of fading away, such as shrinking, but mine doesn't seem to want to do that.  That's why, in my little fantasy world, it became a smudge, a mere shadow of it's former self.  In reality, it looks just the same as when they first discovered it, but it's stable and not getting bigger.  That's a very good thing. :)

Cheers,

Sue in Vancouver USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side

Poet Lorry-ate of Goode