Author Topic: Medical massage for AN stress  (Read 1958 times)

Palace

• Palace
Medical massage for AN stress
« on: March 20, 2007, 02:21:31 pm »
Hi Group,

I have some advance birthday money, that I planned to use on a well-known medical massage person in our area.  I can't wait until the end of June.  I booked a two hour massage for tomorrow in the late afternoon. 

I'm desperate now with the facial pain, migraines, extreme fatigue and severe neck pain.  I was up half of the night.  Finally, I decided to take three Advil every six hours until my massage appointment.

With a really good medical massage person to unwind from all the AN stress, might help.  Of course, if you try that for one reason or another when you are released and your doctor approves, it might be one more way to help with some of our AN symptoms.  True, it can be expensive and you need to find a really good qualified medical massage person.  Also, I wish I could have had medical massages during the time I was diagnosed and before Cyberknife.  All my stress with this, began at the beginning of last summer.

Good luck to all of you with this journey.  We all have to figure out how to get through this.

Thanks again to those who posted for me and wrote to me personally in the past.

I'm back on the forum after my latest journey of the shoulder surgery.  It doesn't hurt to type now.

My husband and I just signed up for a motorcycle safety class to be held at the end of May and in June.  It will be amazing if I can make it through that.  It is a goal and probably way too soon for me to try this but, we have wanted to do this for years.  Time waits for no person........so, it is "now or never."

It is nice to be back.  I missed all of you.........

Palace 8)
22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Medical massage for AN stress
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 02:35:42 pm »
Palace

Welcome back!  You've been missed. I do hope that nasty shoulder of your's is doing better!

Ah, I live for the massage appt.  Nothing like a good massage to help ease stress (as well as yoga, etc).  I'm jealous as it's been a while since I've had a professional massage treatment done. Enjoy for me, will ya? :)

Good to see you back!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"