Author Topic: New with questions  (Read 5374 times)

Ren

Re: New with questions
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2008, 07:52:45 am »
My husband and I have had a rough year. When I was diagnosed with all that stuff last year, we were on the outs. Then he moved out and I was left to handle this stuff and the rest of my pregnancy and my other two kids (2 and 9) basically on my own. He's coming around now and he's going to have insurance for us in the beginning of November. When I have a free day off from school, which starts again next week (I took a hiatus after the end of my pregnancy. I got stressed out and couldn't handle the cutthroat world of nursing school and I'm starting my last semester and a half on Monday) I'll go ahead and go see a different ENT. If it's not an AN that would be great, but I'm only 29. I can't really think of anything that would make me lose hearing just like that.  I know the one thing that the ENT I did go to said is that I definitely did not have Meniere's. I have a history with migraines and now I am trying to put two and two together to explain those and my lifelong balance/clumsy issues. Oh, and my anxiety that I've always had.

And pregnancy is shown to exacerbate things? Oy. Well, that explains a bit.

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2008, 09:43:47 am »
Wow, Ren!  You have had your hands full!  I hope you can get a break somehow and have a chance to put everything in perspective.  Your life is very busy and you have a lot on your plate even w/out a possible AN.  I will keep you in my thoughts as you try to keep alll your plates up in the air.  Keep us posted on your progress and feel free to talk about all your anxieties.  We all have them and need to vent now and then.

Maggie
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

Rivergirl

• Rivergirl
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2008, 06:40:46 pm »
Ren, Yes, Nursing School is tough, you have to devote your life's breath to it, then put kids and husband in the mix......makes it extremely stressful. If you have one and half semesters left, you are almost there, take the needed time off, get your life a bit straighter, baby a bit older and diagnosis out of the way then go back and finish.  I have been a nurse for 33 years and it has been the best thing, when the economy sucks, they always need nurses, you can just about name your hours and that is great when you have little ones.  Keep us posted....best wishes
Diagnosed 6/2008
Right AN 2cmx8x9
Sub-Occipital at Mass General with Martusa and McKenna on 5/31/11
Right SSD, very little taste
I think I will make it!

MaryBKAriz

• Weldon (my ROCK!) and me
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2008, 02:41:38 pm »
Hi Ren,

Best of luck to you. We are all cheering for you. Many have written good response, so I just want to send you my best wishes!

Mary 8)
Diagnosed March 24, 2008, 1.1cm, right side, "Goldie" - small but mighty!! :-(
Hearing, lottsa balance problems and a few facial twitches before CK
CK June 2, 2008, BNI in PHX, Drs Daspit/Kresl, side effects,steroids helped. Getting "sea legs".
Apr 2012 - Still glad I chose CK

hannie

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2008, 10:38:40 am »
You seem to be having a really tough time of things, i hope things get better. My prayers and sympathies are headed your way.

I'm sure another MRI would put your mind at rest. I had two MRIs to diagnose my AN - one without contrast and one straight after with it - i spent a long time in the pesky MRI machine!!

best wishes

hannie

suboo73

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2008, 07:48:29 am »
Hi Ren, how are you today?
I can't imagine being in your shoes, with small children, going to school and being so young - but HANG IN THERE!
---------
I am 52 years and have hearing loss for 10-12 years.  My local ENTs (i have been twice!) told me i was getting 'old' and that's why i had hearing loss.
Well GOD BLESS my older sister - diagnosed 6 months ago with AN at 2cm.
I decided to 'ditch' the local ENTs and went to a major medical center.  After explaining what i had been thru so far, and my sister's situation, the ENT wrote the MRI order with contrast.  You can guess the rest of the story - i too have an AN, about half the size, so i am researching now and doing 'watch and wait.'

A second opinion doc urged mean (strongly) to do my research so i could decide what's next (if anything.)
I have now scheduled visits with the surgeon and radiologist - got to know ALL of the options, even while watching and waiting.  But even making that call was hard.

Those who have contributed to this forum are fantastic!  I know all situations are very individualized, as are the decisions for treatments.
But i am so thankful to read what others are saying and learning about treatments, studies, etc.

When I am also overwhelmed, i just take a break from it all.

Please let us know how are you doing when you feel up to it, ok?

Sincerely - SuBoo73
suboo73
Little sister to Bigsister!
9mm X 6mm X 5mm
Misdiagnosed 12+ years?
Diagnosed Sept. 2008/MRI 4/09/MRI 12/09/MRI 1/21/11
Continued W & W