Author Topic: surgery  (Read 2611 times)

Harald

surgery
« on: November 09, 2010, 06:44:26 pm »
Hi my name is Harald and I'm verry happy to have stumbled upon ANA.  I had a 3.5cm brainstem AN removed August 2006, at Tampa General.  I was reading about Nancy
going to Tampa general sept 10, hope all is well.  I wasn't a computer user before the surgery, but try now.  I have a million & 1 questions.  Don't know how to put a
smile with my message, I'm smileing, and glad to be alive.  Harald

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: surgery
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 07:37:53 pm »
Harald .....

Welcome to this discussion forum of caring, supportive friends ..... who just happen to have (or have had) an acoustic neuroma.  If you noticed the number of posts that have been written on the whole forum, you know that many of your questions can be answered here.

Please start in first with the most important of your "million & 1 questions" and you will be amazed with the number of answers you will have.

Glad you are smiling .....   ;D ;D ;D  (see the little emoticons above the box in which you are typing? ..... just click one and see it pop in to your reply).

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

Lizard

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 09:06:57 am »
Harald,
Just wanted to welcome you to the forum...bring on the questions  ;D
Liz
Left AN 2.5CM,retrosigmoid 11/2008, second surgery to repair CSF leak. 
Headaches began immediately.  Dr. Ducic occipital nerve resection, December 2011!!!!!

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on"
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

ombrerose4

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 09:15:32 am »
Hi and welcome to the forum. You will find many answers to your many questions on this forum. But even more important you will find friendship and people who really understand what you are going through. This forum has saved my sanity a number of times :)
Retrosigmoid 9/24/09
AN 2.4+ cm left side
Mount Sinai Hospital, NYC (Dr. Bederson and Dr. Choe)
BAHA surgery 1/4/2010

deheisel11

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 12:40:04 pm »
Harald,
Welcome!!!  I am a newbie also.  I have been using the forum before my surgery in May.  I will concurr that you will definitely be able to find the answers to each of your million questions.  I certainly have.  The " seniors" really know their stuff.  Glad you are doing well.
translab surgery of 2.6cm neuroma, right side, by Dr. Welling at Ohio State, 6-18-10.  BAHA base placed on same day.  Facial paralysis. Gold weight 7-14-10.

Kaybo

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2010, 02:01:41 pm »
Hi Harald and WELCOME!

Acoustic Neuroma surgery can change things up a bit for you but you can overcome!  I had surgery almost 15 years ago (my surgery date is Dec 12th - it's a fiver!) when I was 25 and I have a great life now - it is a little different than I thought it would be when I first got married (1 year before my surgery).  I also had a stroke so I had a lot to overcome - don't mourn what you can't do anymore but EMBRACE what you can!!

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Harald

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2010, 06:59:46 pm »
 ;D  I am happily overwhelmed by all of this support and positive attitudes.  I want to thank everyone for your input, its very
energizeing.  It will be a little while before I figure out how to put one of those captions about the medical info and results.  I'm a survivor period.  Just looking at those
little reports lets me picture, the hardships that comes with different results many people have had to overcome.  Thank everyone for your respnses, and I will respnd
to each response.  I get tired, and sometimes just need calm and quite for days at a time. And my computer has just about worn me out trying to keep it alive.. Had
to rescue disk it earlier today.  Is there anyone out there who had a 3.0cm or + brain stem tumor/w hydrochephala and got a shunt and then optted to go with
cyperknife.  I'm very interested in that scenario and outcome.  What icon llets a person put that medical analysis with your e-mails to ANA?
                                  Harald tomorrow is always going to be better than today! ;D