Author Topic: Bone Conduction headphones introduced at CES 2013  (Read 2286 times)

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
Bone Conduction headphones introduced at CES 2013
« on: January 08, 2013, 08:03:23 am »
Here's an article for all you techies out there, or those who just want to be able to hear a TV better!
http://news.yahoo.com/panasonic-unveils-bone-conduction-tv-headphones-191627105.html
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: Bone Conduction headphones introduced at CES 2013
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 02:45:47 pm »
Always excited by new technology to assist those of us with hearing issues.  There was something about a bone-conducted TV hearing device published some time ago ..... wonder if it is the same thing.

Their blurb was a little misleading stating "the headphones work like hearing aids by transmitting sound waves through your skull."  Most regular hearing aids are air-conducted, not bone-conducted.  Those of us with bone-anchored hearing devices are, of course, bone-conducted so it would be similar to that.

I am curious to read/hear what users think of the device ..... and what the price tag is!  Most of us with bone-anchored hearing can attest to the fact that demos that are simply held in place from the outside are not nearly as satisfying as the sound through a skull attached abutment.  But still, this may be a better option for some than a type of wireless TV headphones that my husband uses.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011