Author Topic: Tilted Head  (Read 2752 times)

jimmy r

Tilted Head
« on: July 21, 2007, 07:46:51 pm »
I am 41/2 weeks post op and have noticed that I am constantly tilting my head down and to the left ( surgery on right). I have had blurry vision issues which are ok when i am tilted but blurry when i straighten my head. My neck hurts when i straighten my head. Has anybody experienced this?

How do you post your surgery info that i see on the bottom?
Translab HEI 1987. Retro-sigmoid Mass General 6/19/2007. 7 hour surgery by Barker and Mekena. No nerve damage. Not all the tumor removed.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Tilted Head
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 08:10:39 pm »
From what I remember, to post your surgery info, go into your profile under the signature area.
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Obita

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2007, 08:58:32 pm »
Hi jimmy r:

leapyrtwins is correct........click on your username and then modify profile and add your stuff.

My neck took a long time to straighten out.  That was the only painful part of the whole thing for me.  I used hot wraps on my neck all the time and once I got the ok from my dr., I ran to the chiropractor.  You would not believe how they cock our heads/neck for surgery.  Ouch.  Sorry, I am no help with the blurry vision.

Good luck - Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

jerseygirl

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2007, 09:34:42 pm »
Jimmy,

I had that after my first surgery. I hate to break it to you but both the pain and the double vision resolve after you move your head to the left and to the right. Take Advil and move your head, otherwise, you get headaches. That is why after the second surgery I move mine otherwise the old scar hurts and I get tension headaches. Best wishes to you,

Eve
Right side AN (6x3x3 cm) removed in 1988 by Drs. Benjamin & Cohen at NYU (16 hrs); nerves involved III - XII.
Regrowth at the brainstem 2.5 cm removed by Dr.Shahinian in 4 hrs at SBI (hopefully, this time forever); nerves involved IV - X with VIII missing. No facial or swallowing issues.

jimmy r

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 04:23:35 pm »
i saw a chiropractor today. he said he got a headache just looking at me. he would only do minor adjustments until i get the ok from my surgeon but he said for sure he can help me. So Jerseygirl, what you are saying is i need to force myself to move my head or my vision will never get better? i sympathize with your frustration. I am 5 weeks post-op and still can't do a whole lot. half hour walks and a few hours of work a day. But iit has been great beach weather so i have been hanging out there soaking up the rays.

Translab HEI 1987. Retro-sigmoid Mass General 6/19/2007. 7 hour surgery by Barker and Mekena. No nerve damage. Not all the tumor removed.

jerseygirl

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 05:46:58 pm »
Hi Jimmy,

Chiropractor sounds like a good idea. I was told that vision returns once you move your head which I found to be true. However, everything takes longer now that it is the second time and I am not 25. Before you know it, you will be doing full days!

Best wishes,

Eve
Right side AN (6x3x3 cm) removed in 1988 by Drs. Benjamin & Cohen at NYU (16 hrs); nerves involved III - XII.
Regrowth at the brainstem 2.5 cm removed by Dr.Shahinian in 4 hrs at SBI (hopefully, this time forever); nerves involved IV - X with VIII missing. No facial or swallowing issues.