Author Topic: Results are in...  (Read 2267 times)

linnilue

Results are in...
« on: July 16, 2007, 04:14:10 pm »
I had my follow-up today and it looks like the tumor is stagnant.  The doctor said that most likely it is dead.  However there is no shrinkage at all but it remains the same size so I guess that's all you can ask for.  But you will all just love this,  my radiooncologist had NEVER heard of House out in LA !  I was shocked, or should I be?  Honestly you have to wonder who keeps up with what.  I know he's a busy man but he runs the show here as part of the team.  It's no wonder that I ended with with multiple complications and that noone recognized that it was due to radiation damage, my god.  Lesson here, due your homework!  Research and then research some more.     
Left AN dx. 11/05 Linac radiosurgery 01/06 Burlington, VT for a 9mm x 5mm tumor.  No necrosis yet (2 yrs. post-op).  Multiple post radiosurgery complications, some permanent.  Have radio-oncologist here.  Now see Dr. McKenna, Mass. Eye & Ear Instit., Boston for flollow-up care as my main An doctor.

Betsy

Re: Results are in...
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 06:18:22 pm »
This is great news!  A dead tumor is a good thing...perhaps your next scan will show it shrinking.

I can't agree with you more about the research thing.  This forum, and your posts particularly, have prepared me well for "interviewing" the doctors who may or may not be zapping my AN.

Congrats, and thanks for sharing!

Betsy
15mm left side AN, diagnosed 4/25/07, radiosurgery via Trilogy 8/22/07.  Necrosis & shrinkage to 12.8mm April 2009

GM

• I hate annual MRI's !!!
    • My Blog Page
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 06:29:22 pm »
Great news on your tumor!  ::)    A tumor does not have to shrink to be successful, as long as it stops growing and shows some signs of necrosis...you're good-to-go.  Are you on annual MRI's?

I wouldn't suggest doing anything other than annual MRI's until you show signs of shrinkage…

Gary

Originally 1.8cm (left ear)...Swelled to 2.1 cm...and holding after GK treatment (Nov 2003)
Gamma Knife University of Virginia  http://www.medicine.virginia.edu/clinical/departments/neurosurgery/gammaknife/home-page
Note: Riverside Hospital in Newport News Virginia now has GK!!

tsl

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 09:45:51 am »
Hi Holly,
Wonderful news that your tumor is dead.
Take care,
Theresa
AN diagnosed Dec 2006
Approx. size 9 x 6  x 4 mm
Proton Beam radiosurgery wtih Dr. Jay Loeffler (radiation oncologist) and Dr. Paul Chapman (neurosurgeon) at Mass. General on Nov.2, 2007

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 10:30:36 am »
Yay to tumor death!  Hip hip hurrah!

As others have noted, it doesn't have to shrink to be dead.  Just not growing.  Sounds like good news to me!

Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)