Author Topic: ANniversary Number Three  (Read 5007 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: ANniversary Number Three
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2008, 09:30:30 pm »
Cool  8)

Personally I'm gigging for the Lamborghini and the Corvette.

Maybe that's what Brenda should get for her anniversary gift - one of the moderator's luxury cars.

I know that Lori and Kaybo would second this motion!

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2008, 05:02:14 am »
Thank you all!  We did have lunch out.  My five year old grandson chose McDonald's!!  I sold jewelry for a long time so I don't need anymore.  We bought a Wii Fit and I promptly fell over when I was doing the balance thingy!  I bought all of the accessories for it so that was my gift.  I did have a drinkl to celebrate with my daughters.  Hubby is on too many pain killers!!!  Now on for another year
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2008, 06:17:07 am »
Congratulations Brenda, I'm late in wishing you this--figures!  Yes, now on to another year--yeah! 
1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear

wendysig

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2008, 03:24:16 am »
Brenda,
Congrats on your third anniversary!  Sorry I'm signing in so late on this thread but I'm still thrilled for you!  Three years and going strong.  I hope the WII works out for you.  I'll be very interested to see how you like it for balance issues since besides my back problems balance is my second biggest problem.  I;m all for anything that will help.  Keep us posted!

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

Brendalu

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2008, 05:14:10 am »
Wendy,
The Wii Fit measures your balance and BMI and a bunch of other things.  TO get the results you do a battery of tests and then it calculates where you fit in.  My initial test said my balance age is 76  (I'm 57)!  I work on it daily and it sure isn't easy to do, but I have shaved four years off my balance age so far.  I get pretty dizzy doing a lot of the exercises, but I keep on keeping on.  It is kinda neat watching your Mii charcter work up a sweat while you do the same!  I'll keep you posted.
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Kaybo

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2008, 08:02:54 am »
Brenda~
I FINALLY found a Wii Fit and Emee will be getting it for her f-day Friday - I think I am probably more excited than she is - but she DID ask for it.  She said it would, "Help her to get more good exercise for her body" - she is going to be 7!  I'll let you know what my balance age is.  I was reading up on it and thought that would turn out to be VERY interesting for me!!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Brendalu

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2008, 06:53:35 pm »
K,
After fourteen days my balance age is 57....my age!  I can feel the difference already!
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Kate B

• AN World
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2008, 08:36:32 pm »
K,
After fourteen days my balance age is 57....my age!  I can feel the difference already!
Brenda

Wow! You erased 19 years in fourteen days. That is quite an accomplishment...That is about a year a day or so...Way to go Brenda...
Kate
Middle Fossa Surgery
@ House Ear Institute with
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger
November 2001
1.5 right sided AN

Please visit http://anworld.com/

Kaybo

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2008, 08:23:25 am »
Brenda~
The Wii Fit has been a HUJGE hit at our house!  I haven't done a ton on it b/c the girlies are onit so much but I plan to really try to do some work on it today as I didn't make it to the gym today.  I did do my intial stuff, though, and it said that my balance age is 44 (I'm 38).  That was TONS better than I thought that it would be.  I do have to laugh when it says, "Do you find yourself tripping a lot when you walk??"  How funny is that???   ;D  Glad you can feel the difference and are doing better.  What all do you do?  My youngest just giggles & giggles when the shoes hit her in the head on the soccer!!   ;D

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2008, 08:44:35 am »
Happy Anniversary (a bit late)

Wii is on my girls Christmas list... I guess I should put the Wii Fit on mine ... not getting
nearly enough exercise...

My 10 year old boxed on a friends Wii for about 2 hours and came home with the muscles
in her right arm twitching and sore ... so like most things Wii in moderation
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

Brendalu

« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2008, 01:49:49 pm »
The Wii Fit has been great at our house.  My husband does all of the exercises everyday, plus he is walking and riding a bike.  (He would never push away from the computer or TV before)  He was diagnosed with diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol, so he decided it was time to do something.  I walk with him, but I fall over on the bike so I am out on that one.  I bowl, play tennis, golf, yoga and do the balance exercises and I know it is helping.  I get dizzy easily so I can't do as much as I would like to do, but I can see a difference.  I love how it keeps track of your weight and BMI and how you have to have a password to get to that information!!! ::)  A lot of the nursing homes and senior living places here have them for their residents to use and they are very popular.  I must say it is the first "game" I have truly enjoyed and felt is worth the money.
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2008, 12:13:16 pm »
hey Brendaluwench!
Missed this thread--been outta town at a wedding in  Missouri of all landlubbing places! Hope you saved those staples to bedazzle your jeans with!!!

Did you know that you and I are the same age?  Nice to have some other 30 somethings around this dump!

Anyhoo......congrats on getting past 3 years--hope the head is treating you okay these days--glad you are having fun with the Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs and smooches :-*

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Brendalu

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2008, 03:56:55 pm »
Thank you Captain Deb........................I lived in Mizouriiiiiii for a while.......not enough water or good weather for me!  Yes, I knew that we are the same age and I love this age!  Wouldn't trade it for anything.  Actually I am looking forward to the sexty years (that's what my Mom called her sixties).
I've had to go back and start over with the Topomax, so I am on 50 instead of two hundred and I can sure feel the difference.
Good to hear from you though.....................happy sailing,
Hugs and smooches right back at ya!
brendaluwench
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT