Author Topic: Ok, tell me please!  (Read 8191 times)

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
Re: Ok, tell me please!
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2007, 12:06:27 pm »
Katie-does your incision itch? Have a great day everyone, Yvette

It does off-and-on in spurts.  Don't know what that's about.  Lately, the bald spot on the back of my head where the head frame  was attached has been very itchy...

Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

Yvette

• Yvette
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2007, 10:21:11 pm »
Hi Katie, what a hoot, I have bald spots where the head frame was as well. I thought I was the only one! I wonder if our hair will grow back there-perhaps your itching is a signaling of that starting! My incision still has an itchy day now and then. Don't know why either. Anybody out there have any ideas?
3cm translab Jan. 2007 performed at Mayo Clinic MN. by Drs. Link and Driscoll. SSD but doing great!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2007, 02:57:34 pm »
I experienced quite a bit of 'tightness' around the site where the titanium mesh was used to fill the space taken out of my skull for the surgery.  I mentioned it to my surgeon on a follow-up visit and he seemed unconcerned.  He said this was just normal healing.  The feeling disappeared about 10 months post-op and I now believe he was correct and that the surgery site has finally, totally healed. 

Of course, we all had different types of procedures and heal differently so I don't expect everyone to have had a similar experience.  I just wanted to add mine for Yvette's benefit, for whatever that may be worth to her.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2007, 06:43:36 pm »
I experienced quite a bit of 'tightness' around the site where the titanium mesh was used to fill the space taken out of my skull for the surgery.

Jim

Jim - 

I'm still a newbie, so explain, please.  You mention titanium mesh used to fill space.  I know I have titanium plates and screws in my skull.  I also had an abdominal fat graft; my surgeons used abdominal fat to fill in the space in my skull.  They also used the fat to cover the titanium plates, I believe.  So, is it possible I also have titatnium mesh in my skull; or did the surgeons use my fat instead?  I just assumed the fat graft was common procedure.  Is it basically a surgeon's choice?  Is it a new protocol (my surgery was 5/31/07)?  I really had and have no issues with the fat graft, I'm just curious about the mesh.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2007, 10:25:19 pm »
Yvette,
  Do a search for a thread called "fishbowl head"  it will make you laugh, cuz it's the prerfect descrirtion, along with Baloon head, and Cap'n Deb's Wonky head

patti ut
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

Yvette

• Yvette
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2007, 01:36:28 am »
Thanks Patti and Jim!! Yvette
3cm translab Jan. 2007 performed at Mayo Clinic MN. by Drs. Link and Driscoll. SSD but doing great!