Author Topic: Weird Feeling in Face  (Read 1640 times)

EStacy07

Weird Feeling in Face
« on: March 13, 2009, 10:10:22 pm »
Hey all I have a 4.5 cm AN and my surgery is March 25. Well lately there has been some pressure behind my left eye (my AN side). And yesterday I took some excedrin before I picked up my Uncle from the airport and my left arm and leg got tingely about 30 min after. Im not sure if I felt like that from the excedrin or bc I was going to a higher altitude. The airport is at a higher altitude than my house is. Anyone else experience anything like this?

Liz
1/7/09 Audiology APPT
1/21/09 MRI
2/9/09 Diagnosed w/ 4.5 cm AN
Awaiting Translab on 3/25/09

Palace

• Palace
Re: Weird Feeling in Face
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 11:22:57 pm »
Hello Liz,

Be careful what you take before, any surgery.  (not to take Aspirin which thins the blood)  Yes, altitude does cause problems/symptoms with Acoustic Neuroma.  I used to have severe issues with altitude.  I had a torn retina on both eyes at separate times. 

An arm and leg tingle could be from other issues as, we all know.  You may have visited a cardiologist pre-surgery already.  (tests)  A bulging disc of the neck can cause the arm to tingle or tumor in the neck.

I had a cervical MRI.

Here are my best wishes for you!

Palace
22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness

EStacy07

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 12:40:56 am »
I never saw a cardiologist. Is there a reaon why I should? My doc never mentioned it.
1/7/09 Audiology APPT
1/21/09 MRI

EJTampa

• Rays Vs Red Sox Game 2 ALCS (Isabel and Ernie)
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2009, 07:26:14 am »
Hi Liz,

I'm not sure about the tingling in the leg, but I'm sure the pressure could be AN related.  Let us know how your symptoms go today.

Palace is correct about the blood thinning medications, but my doctor only restricted me from these within 7 days of the surgery date.  About the only pain killer I was allowed to take was Tylenol for that week.

As far as the rest of your health, you will have a pre-op day where various tests will be run, usually based on your answers from those patient health histories you've been filling out.  Mine included blood work, but no cardio.  If you have concerns, you let them know and they will probably order a test.  I would tell your surgeon about the tingling and see if he thinks its worth an extra test that day.  Never hurts to cover all of the bases.

Ernie
-1.3 X 0.8 cm AN in the right cerebellopontine angle extending into the internal auditory canal.
-Retrosigmoid Surgery with Dr. Bartels and Dr. Danner at Tampa General 3/5/2009.
-Had to cut hearing nerve to get "sticky" tumor, so SSD right side.

Cheryl R

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2009, 07:42:24 am »
The tingling could be AN related or neck related.       I doubt it is heart related.    How long did it last?             I have always had an EKG with my pre ops before all my AN surgeries (am NF2)    No other cardio testing.        Just do make sure and tell what drs you see the day of pre op workup.   If it keeps happening before that,then tell your surgeon right away.       The eye pressure could be AN related.                      No fun when a new worry comes along.
                             Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

EStacy07

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2009, 09:30:54 am »
The eye pressure didnt last too long and I seem to only notice it when I am thinking about it. and the tingeling stopped about an hour later. Once I started leaving the higher altitude I started feeling much better.

Thanks all for your comments, they have helped!
1/7/09 Audiology APPT
1/21/09 MRI

bdsgurl

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2009, 10:49:19 am »
hello,

I had the tingling in the Left side of my body, leg, arm, torso etc..prior to surgery, My tumor was compressing my brain stem so much that the blood flow was BAD on that side, after they removed the tumor I havent had a problem with that since...i almost meant to reply to your headache one, did you call you dr. about that? I just wondered becuase I believe you had stated that you had some CSF fluid in the top of your head due to the tumor and i know that can cause severe headaches...let me know hun, ill talk to you soon..

EStacy07

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2009, 11:26:39 am »
I did talk to my doctor about the headaches and he said it is probably due to the built up CSF but there shouldnt be any serious problems caused by it before my surgery since it has been there for a while.
1/7/09 Audiology APPT
1/21/09 MRI