Author Topic: Well, the time has come  (Read 2478 times)

DeeDeeR

Well, the time has come
« on: October 22, 2013, 10:59:51 am »
One day before I go for translab surgery.  A lot is on my mind, from if I will make through surgery, to what will I look like after...so much to think about... This is a horrible thing to endure, but after finding this site, I see that I am not alone.  I read a lot of your comments and subjects, it is really good to know what to expect.  It helps a little to prepare for the outcome. I am aware it could be so much worse, I praise God everyday it is, what it is.   As I was told, "if you have to have a brain tumor, this is the best one to have".  I am so thankful for the prayers and support.  I am confident in my God and my doctors.  God Bless!

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
Re: Well, the time has come
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 12:47:39 pm »
Dear DeeDee,

Relax, by this time tomorrow, you'll be in recovery! Hopefully, well on your way to healing.

What's important now are the prayers of friends on the AN forum that all will go well and that the surgeon's hands are true and you'll be ok. Just rest well and recover for a few days. Take it easy on yourself. Don't try to hard for the first few days. I have a question for you, may I inspire others to pray for you as well we have a group called the Prayer Warriors. All that involves is saying a prayer silently in front of the computer or wherever and for those who prefer to send healing thoughts into the ether instead. Only with your permission......It is a wonderful feeling it feels almost like floating on a cloud! I and many others have benefited by being in on a particular prayer call.

Anyway, I shall pray for you. Where are you going to have your surgery?

Mike

« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 01:37:33 pm by MDemisay »
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

Trippy

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 12:52:12 pm »
Good luck DeeDee!  Let us know how you are doing.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 01:31:12 pm »
Dee Dee ~

Please know that you'll be in the thoughts and prayers of many, including me.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Mary More

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 07:30:06 pm »
I too will pray for you.  God will watch over you.  I will be following in your footsteps on Monday.  Believe in God, your surgeons and yourself. Good luck I hope you have a successful recovery.

Mary

Little_Bear

• Be extraordinary
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 06:39:01 am »
I wish you good luck! Stay strong! Please keep in contact with us!