Author Topic: Well it's been a long time......  (Read 3033 times)

Seans mom

Well it's been a long time......
« on: July 01, 2013, 06:59:16 pm »
It has been 7 plus years since I first found you. So much has happened. I know that much has happened in each of your lives as well. I came here calling myself Pattibobatti because my son and his friend liked  that name for me.   I had an AN removed Jan. In 06 and suffered many post op troubles.

Today I am facing a regrowth of the tumor and I plan on gamma knife with Dr. Lunsford in Pittsburg.

I wanted to reacquaint myself with you and looking at some of the posts, there are plenty I remember from back when.

Just trying to check back with an old friend.

Thanks ,Patti

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Well it's been a long time......
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 04:37:58 am »
Patti!!!!!!!!!!   :-*  :-*  :-*

It truly has been a long time! I am so so sorry to hear of this regrowth.  Yet, I'm glad that you have your historical research and time here on the forums in the past to help guide you with what will work best for you and your situation.  When are you having the GK performed?

You will see many new faces here... and yes, some of us old-timers.  Glad you are back here so we can help cheer you on!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 02:29:27 pm »
Hi, Patti!

Like Phyl, I'm sorry a re-growth has brought you back to the ANA website discussion forums but glad you're using us as a resource. 

As another 2006 AN 'veteran', (debulking surgery and FSR) I wish you total success in your GK procedure with Dr. Lunsford.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

satman

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 01:13:19 pm »
Hey Patti, sorry to hear your dealing with this again.
It just never stops, prayers for a great outcome.
This too shall pass.
kicked my little 8cm buddy to the curb-c ya !

nftwoed

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2013, 12:34:02 pm »
Patti?
   I'm so sorry to read of your regrowth. Seems I should know you from the old ANA, or AN World?
   How large are you talking this time? Best wishes in this!

Russ

Nank

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2013, 02:56:16 pm »
Sorry to hear the news. 

How did you know about the regrowth?  Did you have symptoms for just from MRI?

1.3x0.7 cm AN in right ear
Diagnosed 6/12/13
Tinnitus, ear pain
No hearing loss
GK 7/25/13

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2013, 03:10:05 pm »
Hello Patti, I am one of the newer faces that Phyl mentioned (almost 4 years now) but I welcome you back...sorry I had to be welcoming you back but I just wanted to wish you luck and hope it all goes good. Let us know how it goes? Take care!
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston