Author Topic: Denise is having corrective surgery Thursday -  (Read 11537 times)

Obita

Re: Denise is having her corrective surgery Thursday!!
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2006, 01:10:07 pm »
Hello to everyone from Denise!!

I just talked to her and she sounds great.  She did not take pain meds today, only tylenol.  We talked for about 15 min. and at first she sounded like it hurt to talk but by the end of our conversation she sounded completely normal.  She loosened up!!  She said she is really swollen but we all know that goes away with time.  Her boyfriend and sister said her face is tighter.........she can't tell the difference herself yet.

She wanted me to tell you all thank you for all the well wishes and prayers.  It really means alot to her.

Also, she will be back online Monday am to say HI.

She is going to nap today so I will visit her on Sunday...........Many thanks from me too, Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

DeniseSmith

Re: Denise is having corrective surgery Thursday -
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2006, 12:08:26 pm »
Hello, everyone.

Well I am back to work today.  I overslept this morning and was late, but other than that it feels (i can't believe i am saying this) good to be back to work.

My surgery went well, I had alittle problem with my IV and anethesia, other than that the surgery was uneventful and went well. My face is still swollen, my tongue feels fat and my incision is a lot bigger than expected, but I feel good.  I am only taking extra strength tylenol for pain and only at night.   The left side of my mouth already seems to be a little less droopy. My sister took before and after pictures, so we are going to compare them once she gets them developed.

My hospital stay was pretty uneventful, except for a very noisy roommate, but once my nurses aide brought me earplugs, all was quiet and I was able to sleep.

I want to say Thank you to all of you who posted positive thoughts and vibes on this thread.  They are much appreciated.

Denise 8)

jacobs

« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2006, 09:11:32 pm »

Hi Denise,so glad to hear that you are dong well.Back to work already?I'm amazed!Were you planning on returning so soon?
 How does it feel to be able see a difference already??hope the swelling goes down soon and that your first week back at work goes well.
                                                                               Best wishes,Tracey
Translab April 24,2006 3.5x2.5cm
Sunnybrook Hospital,Toronto.Dr.Chen&Dr.Perusmen
Left side facial paralysis,gold weight in eyelid &"deaf on the left"
now I'm a true canadian...EH?

Crazycat

• Self-Portrait/ "Friends, Romans, countrymen...."
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2006, 11:46:42 pm »
Alright Denise!!!! I'm very happy for you!!! Please keep us posted..............Paul
5cm x 5cm left-side A.N. partially removed via Middle Fossa 9/21/2005 @ Mass General. 
Compounded by hydrocephalus. Shunt installed 8/10/2005.
Dr. Fred Barker - Neurosurgeon and Dr. Michael McKenna - Neurotologist.

DeniseSmith

« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2006, 06:17:41 am »
Tracy, unfortunately I am a contract worker, (kind of like self-employed) so if I don't work I don't get paid.  I definitely think more time off would have been nice, but unfortunately, my bills won't allow me that luxury.  :P

Paul, nice to hear from you I hope your week is going well.

I better get to work.

Denise 8)

KenJen

« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2006, 07:02:25 am »
Praying for you Denise - take one day at a time. KenJen
Translab - House 7/17/06
No facial problems but post and pre surgery  chronic dry eye in both eyes

pattibobatti

« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2006, 07:50:41 am »
Hi Denise!!

Sounds like your surgery went well!  Good for you! I'm very interested in all you might have to say....Looks like I'll be going down the same path.

Take care of that face and sure hope you'll be able to relax and heal fast.

Pattibobatti
17 mm AN removed 1-16-06
  retrosigmoid
  paralysis, cornea transplant,avascular necrosis

'Are we having fun yet?'

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2006, 10:18:59 am »
Hi Denise
Glad to hear you are back on your feet Keep us updated on your progress. We miss you here! There has been much mischeif and mayhem on the good morning thread and the Princess Batty Wench!
Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW