Author Topic: Surgery Scheduled at HEI 7/12 Anyone else going then?  (Read 8790 times)

stephSF

• Live each day to the fullest.
Re: Surgery Scheduled at HEI 7/12 Anyone else going then?
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2012, 09:38:59 pm »
Wow...lots of HEI patients.  Good luck to all of you.  I am 5 months post op Translab.  I am doing well. I have a six mo MRI in a few weeks as they left part of the sac to preserve my facial nerve per my request.  It is a great place with great outcomes.  Good luck ya'll
1.6 cm AN Translab with Dr.'s Friedman and Shwartz with HEI on 1-25-2012.  I am doing great!  Surgery saved my life :).   Be brave, have a great attitude, and hire the best surgical team!!!!

It is what it is

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2012, 10:51:27 pm »
Many of us chose the same surgical docs so it is comforting to hear your feedback.  Congratulations on your surgery.  I'm very glad to hear you are doing well.  Please let us know the results of your MRI.  If you have any suggestions or information that might be helpful as we follow in your footsteps, anything and everything you share will be of interest. 

Karen
.7cm, left side AN , Tinnitus, Hearing preserved, Middle Fossa 8/1/12 at HEI, Drs Friedman and Schwartz, Sharing your story is extremely helpful to me.

LizAN

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2012, 12:19:10 am »
I'm still working on getting my eyes to focus and didn't realize there were a couple other forumites at Seton right now. I've been cleared for takeoff and we are flying back home tomorrow. Docs literally said I'm doing fantastic, despite some temporary facial weakness at only a rating of 1.2 on the HB scale. Biggest complaint is paper-dry mouth that constantly tastes very bitter even with no food. Prescribed spicy foods and sour candies. My teeth may rot before it clears up in 4 to 6 months. Love love love my doctors at HEC.  You are in the best of hands. And I am thrilled with the decision I made.

Will be praying for you. Wish we'd had a chance to meet. It's been quiet around here. Heading to bed soon. Tomorrow will be a long day.

Liz
8/20/2010 - 9mm AN on left side 
Fullness, tinnitus, mild hearing loss
2/20/2011 - 8mm
4/20/2012 - 12.4 mm
Moderate to severe hearing loss, LOUD tinnitus, deteriorating balance
Facial numbness and twitching, which subsided pre-surgery
Translab at House, 7/3/2012, Slattery and Schwartz

It is what it is

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2012, 05:30:03 am »
Liz, I hope your flight home is uneventful and that you can be cozy in your own bed soon. Please continue to let us know about your progress. 

Karen
.7cm, left side AN , Tinnitus, Hearing preserved, Middle Fossa 8/1/12 at HEI, Drs Friedman and Schwartz, Sharing your story is extremely helpful to me.