Author Topic: It is official!  (Read 6980 times)

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
Re: It is official!
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2010, 10:16:21 am »
Enjoy your retirement.  My sister retired 7 yrs ago from teaching.  She was actually the 1st female principal for the rural small school board she worked for in Southern Ontario Canada.  She was fortunate to retire at 55 and has loved every moment of it.  She like Jim does what she wants to do.  Her main focus is Crime Stoppers here at home.  When she lives in Florida from Dec 1 until April 15 she helps out in a local school.  Oh there is also golf, grandchildren, her younger sister (me)  ::) that keeps her busy also.

Enjoy, you certainly deserve it!  Can't wait to hear about your new adventures after you help settle Kay and her family ;D

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2010, 11:00:21 am »

Settling Kaybo and family IS my first official adventure!! :D :D
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

Kaybo

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2010, 01:37:35 pm »
Girl, you have NO IDEA what you have committed yourself to!!   ::)  Hopefully we will get together this summer & you can meet the girlies!!

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2010, 03:17:47 pm »
What's this "hopefully" thing?  Of course we will!  I'm not backing down on my offer, and entertaining you and yours is part of it.  :)
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

Kaybo

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2010, 06:13:33 pm »
you are such a sweetie!   :-* :-*

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2010, 06:54:48 pm »
WOW, I missed the beginning of this thread ..... and it's on page two already! :o  Congratulations on your retirement.  You will not miss the hectic pace very long ..... trust me!

I retired from teaching nine years ago, as soon as I was eligible ..... like you, I retired before I burned out ..... and because I was spending more time writing lesson plans and documenting what I had done than I was hands-on with the students.  Actually my first year of retirement was spent doing a half-time job counseling at-risk gifted high school students so I had a chance to step down a little bit more gradually.

It does take awhile to "de-structure" one's life after the early morning to late night routine for so long.  However, what I know from you on this forum, you will most likely have to keep repeating the phrase "No, I cannot do _____, I'm retired."

Best wishes for a great retirement!

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

Keri

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2010, 01:37:51 pm »
a late congratulations to you too!

keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!