Author Topic: I received this notice. ;-)  (Read 2552 times)

jw

I received this notice. ;-)
« on: October 30, 2005, 04:35:42 pm »
From the ANA Discussion Forum:

Dear John:

Many thanks for your recent application to the ANA Discussion Forum in particular and the AN community in general.  Your request for an "Honourary" membership is quite interesting, but must be denied.  Unfortunately, only a select few are chosen to join the AN community.  Each of these people must meet strict requirements, the most significant being the recipient of an unwelcome house guest hidding in the deepest recesses of the mind.  We mean this in a literal sense, not just figuratively.  The selection process for these people is strictly confidential and has never been revealed to any person.  Some feel this is the decision of a higher power, yet others feel it is an unfortunate event providing punishment for them.  Whatever the cause, this select group is afforded an opportunity to find within themselves great reserves of strength, internal reflection and the ability to view life in a different light, only to be understood by the people who have gone through this experience.  Experience, it seems, is never gained until after the point at which it is required.  Whether a few are chosen or the chosen are few depend upon your point of view.

We understand that your request for "honourary membership" may be a well-intentioned pre-emptive strike in order to avoid permanent membership in this group.  Unfortunately, your actual permanent membership has been decided by a radiologist this past Friday and the results will be made known to you some time tomorrow.  We are not at liberty to divulge your fate, which is already sealed.  You must receive this notification from your selected family doctor.  Incidentally, this decision is final and is not subject to appeal, arbitration or mediation of any form.  The judges decision is final.  Your mileage may vary.  Do not try this at home; we are trained professionals operating on a closed course.  The image was formatted to fit your set. 

We wish you all the best on Monday.  We will be keeping a chair open for you in the lounge in the event that your membership is approved.  If it is denied, you are most welcome to visit us at any time as a guest. 

Oh, and incidentally, have a nice sleep tonight!

Sincerely,

The ANA Discussion Forum,
Membership Review Interns (MRI) Group.
Diagnosed 31 Oct 2005
Bilateral 0 cm ANs.

Windsong

Re: I received this notice. ;-)
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2005, 06:56:39 pm »
 ;D

welll..... i think they ought to have said whether or not that lounge chair is going to be custom made and "comfY'.....or some run of the mill  plastic thing with a thin foam and some cover that has seen too many butts......

since this is an exclusive club, that lounge chair ought to be the best down filled and silk chenille covered material available on earth....

Windsong

jw

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2005, 07:20:57 pm »
I believe the chair depends upon my membership.  If accepted, it will be a down-filled chair, hand-crafted by a skilled team of tree surgeons using Great Canadian Oak, lightly killed, cured to perfection and whittled by teeth to the optimum shape.  If not accepted, the chair looks like an MRI machine and I must squeeze myself in and remain still and quiet.  "You over there.  Shhh.  Quiet.  The membership is talking 'mongst themselves."

Growing up, I had a favorite chair.  There were 26 of us living in shoe box in middle of road.  I used to get at 6:30 to go to work in the MRI lab, I went to sleep, and pay MRI lab for permission to come to work.  For lunch I would eat a handfull of crushed gravel and when I got home my father would perform a translab procedure on me.  Aaah, you won't believe me.
Diagnosed 31 Oct 2005
Bilateral 0 cm ANs.

kristin

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2005, 07:55:21 pm »
um....i'm pretty sure i'm a member of this club, but no one has ever mentioned a lounge chair! i'd like my down filled-silk covered chair now please!! :)

8 x 5 mm Left Acoustic Neuroma
Middle Fossa
House Ear Clinic
Dr. Derald Brackmann, Dr. William Hitselberger
April 14, 2005

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have troubles. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

jw

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2005, 07:58:57 pm »
Sure!  Next thing you're going to tell me is that members don't get any discounts.  I was told that you got 50% off all audiology tests.
Diagnosed 31 Oct 2005
Bilateral 0 cm ANs.

matti

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2005, 08:30:17 pm »
Are "they" reading my mind right now? I am feeling kind of violated.

Darn!!! I have never received a lounge chair or a 50% discount. (I should since I only have one ear to test)

Positive thoughts always,
matti

3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

shoegirl

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2005, 12:35:56 am »
JW,

Good Luck tomorrow! Wishing you only good news! 

Suzanne
left side 2.0cm x 1.3cm  
Cyberknife - 12/2005
The Barrow Institute, Phoenix, AZ